GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Got a bad turbo? Let's track the issue...

ketoi12345678

Ready to race!
I’m friends with him on FB. Ironically his IS20 is in my golf. He said it was a 28 psi file and I’m not sure what else he did to it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked him on FB, he also said he said his boost was hight(28psi). But that is not high for is38, people run 29psi and seem fine.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I asked him on FB, he also said he said his boost was hight(28psi). But that is not high for is38, people run 29psi and seem fine.

Yeah but for how long?

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah Kasey's turbo blew. Gutted for him. He wanted help to make a file whixh I did and it was indeed running high boost - however no more than I run daily along with a few guys in the maestro group. They are so temperamental, I don't know if there is a safe number.

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Yeah Kasey's turbo blew. Gutted for him. He wanted help to make a file and it was indeed running high boost - however no more than I run daily along with a few guys in the maestro group. They are so temperamental, I don't know if there is a safe number.

I think it's just the IS20 and IS38 prone to failure....I'm going with a BT option with better internals

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Running super high boost like that is a gamble and I guess he got a bad roll of the dice. An aggressive tune won’t last long

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Running super high boost like that is a gamble and I guess he got a bad roll of the dice. An aggressive tune won’t last long

Big turbo, moderate boost = reliable with good power

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

Its not super high. The is38 will make 35 to 28 redline if you max it out. I mean, 28 peak isn't low, but it shouldn't have blown. Just bad luck.

wy2sl0

Drag Race Newbie

railroader

Autocross Newbie
He was running 110 on the base ED file and wanted to go faster, thus Maestro.
What revision did he have

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Well I'm picking up a blown is38. Owner says it has a lot of shaft play. Now to send it off to someone. I'm going to call GPop and see what they offer now. Littco doesn't give prices and takes a while to respond.

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
If is38 issue is the oil starvation, can we just drill out the oil inlet and outlet instead?

You're better off asking Wolf that question. I think his shop did some hybrid turbo soon to hit the market with the oil passages drilled out larger.

railroader

Autocross Newbie
You're better off asking Wolf that question. I think his shop did some hybrid turbo soon to hit the market with the oil passages drilled out larger.
I believe his shop teamed up with gpop to do the work on the turbo

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk