GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mirror installation help

Bakili

Ready to race!
Hey guys I need advice with mirror installation. Bought folding mirrors with modules and switch. Mirrors came from two different cars due budget.
One of mirrors missing rubber fixing plug on wire (please see image attached). I believe this rubber plug servers water isolation purpose. My original wing mirrors have exactly same plugs but how to remove it? The plug on the end of wire won't go through rubber hole. Anyone can advice please how to remove.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Devin1

If you don't plan on using your old mirrors or selling them, your only solution may be to cut the wires. A pin removal tool (or careful use of straight pins and patience) could be tried to remove the wires from the plug without damaging it.

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
If you don't plan on using your old mirrors or selling them, your only solution may be to cut the wires. A pin removal tool (or careful use of straight pins and patience) could be tried to remove the wires from the plug without damaging it.
Note which pins are occupied by what color of the wire and remove pins from the plug. It is easy job and no need to worry about damaging. I did the same with my mirrors. Rubber grommet will not go through plug. You need to remove plug.
Use sowing needle to remove pins.

The same you have to do with mirror set you want to put on. When removing or putting on rubber grommet use wd40 for easier sliding.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bakili

Ready to race!
Just had a look on connectors, and seems to be straight forward to remove pins. The only thing puzzle me now, drivers side wing mirror has 9 wires/pins going to connector, passenger side has 13 wires/pins. Is it normal?

rafikiraf

Ready to race!
Just had a look on connectors, and seems to be straight forward to remove pins. The only thing puzzle me now, drivers side wing mirror has 9 wires/pins going to connector, passenger side has 13 wires/pins. Is it normal?

Yes. It is how it supposed to be.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bakili

Ready to race!
Thank you for input guys. All done, pretty simple, wrote down colour of each wire and connection pin number. Took less than 10 min to swap.