GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Presents the MK7 GTI Catback Exhaust System

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
With all due respect, that is a misleading statement.

You guys weld the parts together and put them in a box. That's it.

All the other processes, like the bending, stamping, finishing, and muffler assembly is done by outside vendors.

In fact, your mufflers are sourced from Taiwan.

And you've already had a recall due to your "Stainless Steel" exhausts starting to rust.

Seems like deja vu all over again:

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6640

Bruce
Can you substantiate your claim? Just curious...

mesaboogie18

Ready to race!

All the other processes, like the bending, stamping, finishing, and muffler assembly is done by outside vendors.

And you've already had a recall due to your "Stainless Steel" exhausts starting to rust.

Bruce

Damn! :D

siupo128

Ready to race!

Bruce

I really don't believe it. this product just came out few months ago..how does it get rust so fast? even an ebay exhaust wont get rust that quick.

Arin@APR

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
B8 S4, MK7 GSW TDI
Those look really good Arin, any pics of them on a GTI?

I don't have the marketing photos yet. Here's one of our upcoming double walled brushed tips with engraved logos. This is on our S3:

We have several other tip designs in the works!

Polished, Brushed, Diamond Black, Carbon, Double wall, Single Wall, and a few other 2 / 3 piece designs.

The systems will all ship with an included base tip. All other tips will be sold separately. :)

Perhaps APR can? Are the parts cast in Alabama? The USA?

:)

In house? Heck no! Have you ever seen a foundry. We're not even remotely close to being setup to cast parts.

HicBuda

Ready to race!
Usually at this point a link or citation leading to the rust issue would pop up. Is it an issue on the MK6 exhaust? Or legit proof there is rust on the Mk7 exhaust?
Not a fanboy at all, just looking at catbacks and came across this.

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
We have several other tip designs in the works!

Polished, Brushed, Diamond Black, Carbon, Double wall, Single Wall, and a few other 2 / 3 piece designs.

Sounds great Arin, I also love the look of double wall burnt tip.

gtixxer

Well, I am not surprised that Arin did not directly answer the statements I made in my post.

So let me phrase them as questions.

Arin@APR: where are your mufflers/resonators for this system made?

Arin@APR: where are your exhaust castings made?

Arin@APR: was there a recall to your dealer network on this 304 stainless steel exhaust system? If so, what was the recall concerning?

Bruce

TheJokker

Go Kart Newbie
Well, I am not surprised that Arin did not directly answer the statements I made in my post.

Arin@APR: was there a recall to your dealer network on this 304 stainless steel exhaust system? If so, what was the recall concerning?

Bruce
I'm beginning to believe you do not understand how businesses work. It is unlikely the criteria you are suggesting can be met by APR, AWE, Neuspeed, etc. The better questions would be did APR design and engineer their exhaust systems and does the manufacturing meet APR specifications?

siupo128

Ready to race!

Bruce

Does it really matter where the cb make? as long as it back by warranty then its ok. you don't have to buy it if u don't like it. why make such a big deal of it.

gtixxer

Well, I guess Arin is not going to answer my questions.

To be clear, I'm not calling out APR on where their exhausts are made. I don't care if they are made in China or Taiwan.

What I am calling them out on is that they are trying to lead us to believe that these exhausts are Made in the USA at APR. Arin wrote exactly that in this thread.

These exhausts are not made at APR.

APR has a history of lying to their customers:

Looks like they are doing it again.

They even had a worldwide recall of dealer stock due to rust, but did not alert customers who had already bought them.

But those rusting exhaust owners "have a limited lifetime warranty."

I say buyer beware here.

Bruce

Pyzon

Ready to race!
They even had a worldwide recall of dealer stock due to rust, but did not alert customers who had already bought them.

Bruce

Complete horse sh1t.......

lachode

Passed Driver's Ed
I own the catback system and I thoroughly enjoy it. Fits perfect, sounds great, and cleans up nice! No rust and nothing but a satisfied customer on this end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk