GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Opinion on TSI to R Conversion Kit

myles1

Ready to race!
Hello,

I've purchased a MK7 Golf TSI. I'm too young to get a GTI or an R insured for any reasonable amount of money, though I dislike the dreary looks of the Golf. I've been floating the idea of swapping the bumpers and skirts for a while, though only recently did I come across an ad for a full conversion kit that seems suspiciously cheap. Here is the link for it:
https://www.mudah.my/VW+MK7+tsi+gti+Golf+R+Conversion+B+umper+Bodykit-53652309.htm
It looks fairly legitimate, and is located in Malaysia. The price translates (according to Google) to roughly $945 CAD ($758USD). I wouldn't put badges on it, I don't wish to fake a Golf R, just replicate some of its sportiness. Anyone have any experience with this? Or perhaps an opinion anyone could provide? My gut is telling me it's simply too good to be true.

On a side note, please refrain from commenting "just buy an R" & such, if I could have, I would have.

Thanks!

idris

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 MK7
Having a body kit shipped from across the world wouldn’t be cheap. Expect to pay more on shipping than the actual kit.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Look into the OEM golf sport pieces.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Do you realise you can fit the whole Clubsport kit to your car ??...

The clubsport has the same basic hatch as your car..the GTI/GTD has a different pressing on the top section of the hatch so the Clubsport kit won't fit these cars..

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I’d just go for the OEM trim kit options for the golf. They look great and will probably cost less in the end. Better quality parts too.

Check out Paul’s thread for pics of that kit. Also a guy on here named cb6 has a similar setup and his car looks sick.

No need to add R parts to the golf. Just make it looks it’s best as what it is; a golf!

(That is, with the exception of the golf R UU headlights. Add those :D )