GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Un-Fixable Steering Angle After Accident?

JCG

Passed Driver's Ed
I have an appt with VW deler tomorrow to have my tie rods adjusted. Gonna tell them like 1/8th of a turn,

They were selling me on full allignment again..

Im gonna make them test drive with me in race mode and try to bond with the mechanic.

Im hoping its not the shocks or something crazy.

As i need to prove to the insurance that "the issue is accident related" for any reimbursement.

Last edited:

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
My advice is to go to the newest dealership possible. Even a Mercedes or other high line dealership. Any dealer can easily align it. I don't use the local VW dealers. Don't like one for ANYTHING, and the other has old equipment. And it's a lot harder for a mechanic to get a job at a premium brand dealer.

JCG

Passed Driver's Ed
Car is 99.9% fixed now. Impossible to get to perfect again.

I did some heavy bonding with the mechanic on the test drive.

They did another full alignment and gave me a discount for my troubles.

Big thanks to Volkswagen MidTown Toronto, by far best VW dealer in my local Toronto area.

Ferrari

Ready to race!
I have a 2016 R and was t-boned last on passenger side last winter.

The car was repaired but I have never been able to get the steering wheel straight like it was when i got it.

It is like 1-2% off and always pulling left. The one dealer did not even see what i was talking about.

I have been back to the collision center 2x and for 3x alignments at 2 different dealers.

Dealers are unable to get the wheel straight as it should be.

They tell me the R steeling wheel is not "knotched" so they cannot adjust it like other vehicles, and this is as good as it will get.

Pic - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B07xQZYDg_pnWG1fVFBiN2l1R0k/view

The steering wheel is only off a little, but this is very noticeable when diving on flat roads.

What else can i do? Shouldn't they have some fix? Or do you have any recommendations?

I had the same issue, my steering wheel was not straight, always slightly to the left when driving straight. It has never been in an accident. I took it to a few shops, they couldn't fix it. It was driving me nuts.

I took it to a place in Oakville called "Burning Rubber Tire and Speed", as they work on a lot of VWs and higher end German and Japanese brands. They fixed the issue with an alignment, no need to take out the steering wheel.

I recommend them. The owner's name is Christopher. Talk to him.

http://burning-rubber.ca/