GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

giac stage 1+

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
If it's a serious-enough issue that the logs get sent to VW HQ for review wouldn't the flash counter trick not work anyways? Or is this just for dealership scans/non-serious warranty work?

I think if you had a serious issue and or really pissed off vw or the dealer, they can probably at the very least find evidence of tampering. But I’d still try, at least, make them look deeper, but I don’t know. Mine haven’t had any issues. I just know, that contrary to other people’s posts, that at least UM can reset the flash counter.

brekdown29

J-O-O
Car(s)
GTI 7.5
nice to see another R owner running their stg2 tune. Are you running their pump file or race file? curious to know what your peak psi is on either. I'm running an aggressive stage 2 pump file right now from them seeing 23 psi at about 4k taper to 20psi..im also stacking it with jb4 and wmi.

I have both files but have only used race a few times when I felt like splurging on some 100 octane. My boost gauge is tapped into the intake manifold and it peaks upward of 25 psi and then tapers off a few psi.

rr1santos

Ready to race!
I have both files but have only used race a few times when I felt like splurging on some 100 octane. My boost gauge is tapped into the intake manifold and it peaks upward of 25 psi and then tapers off a few psi.

interesting..i'm using my jb4 to register boost pressure..and it usually peaks 23-24...guess i should invest in an actual boost gauge to connect to the ecs tap im using already for hobb switch with meth system

KASPER1

Go Kart Champion
interesting..i'm using my jb4 to register boost pressure..and it usually peaks 23-24...guess i should invest in an actual boost gauge to connect to the ecs tap im using already for hobb switch with meth system

Different companies running different files, but I’m tapped, real boost gauge, and spike 30 on 93 oct pump gas and bleed off to 27-26, rarely do I actually see 30 but it seems to live around 29-28 almost everywhere. Probably part of the reason ya see UM cars throwing down slightly higher dyno numbers all other things being equal. I’m actually surprised giac’s canned tunes are running that little boost, thought apr was around 28 spike and bleeding off a few lbs near redline assumed the other big companies canned tunes were the same unless customer asked for less.

It’ll be interesting as the Cobb tuners become more popular and dynotuning becomes more prevalent on each customers individual car. I suspect you’ll start seeing more timing less boost and basically the same power. The tunes will just be dialed in better for the specific car, mods, gas quality etc. not that I’m complaining about the canned tunes, they do seem really well sorted out, but ya know if your car was on the dyno and the tuners good there’s probably 5-10 horse that’s left to be extracted if ya wanted it all at the razors edge in my experience on other cars and imo

Sorry just saw I quoted wrong guy, meant to quote the guy u quoted:)

rr1santos

Ready to race!
Different companies running different files, but I’m tapped, real boost gauge, and spike 30 on 93 oct pump gas and bleed off to 27-26, rarely do I actually see 30 but it seems to live around 29-28 almost everywhere. Probably part of the reason ya see UM cars throwing down slightly higher dyno numbers all other things being equal. I’m actually surprised giac’s canned tunes are running that little boost, thought apr was around 28 spike and bleeding off a few lbs near redline assumed the other big companies canned tunes were the same unless customer asked for less.

It’ll be interesting as the Cobb tuners become more popular and dynotuning becomes more prevalent on each customers individual car. I suspect you’ll start seeing more timing less boost and basically the same power. The tunes will just be dialed in better for the specific car, mods, gas quality etc. not that I’m complaining about the canned tunes, they do seem really well sorted out, but ya know if your car was on the dyno and the tuners good there’s probably 5-10 horse that’s left to be extracted if ya wanted it all at the razors edge in my experience on other cars and imo

Sorry just saw I quoted wrong guy, meant to quote the guy u quoted:)

yeah since I'm stacking my peak is 26-27 now..but even with just the giac tune its pretty torqy lowend.