GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My invention - Shrinkable Sofa

chid

Ready to race!
I'm an aerospace mechanical engineer, and aside from my passion for Golf, I like inventing stuff as a hobby, solving problems I see around me.

Here is one of my inventions, a new Function in furniture, that I'm trying to bring to the market.

I think it will help people that don't have much space but need seating when they have guests.
This idea contains everything inside, you can use it in all the configurations (sofa, love seat, or armchair), it is easy to use and lets you configure your space the way you want, in seconds.

enjoy!

Shrinkable Sofa link

chid

Ready to race!
Thanks!
I have an International Utility PCT Patent Pending ;)

I'm looking for a company to collaborate and bring it to the market.
It can be used in the dining room, as a kit with an expandable table (there is no kit that has an expandable chair), I have another video with a chair that expands from 1 to 5 seats.

Joel

Ready to race!
That is cool!
I would suggest making some corner pieces also, if you haven't already.

chid

Ready to race!
Thanks!

There are a lot of configurations, this function can be applied to a lot of different design, from chairs, lo love seats, to sofa, to corner pieces to expand from 3 positions to 5.....

There are not too many functions in furniture, you have reclining, expandable table, Murphy bed, rocking chair...... and not too many others...
So my problem is really to explain to people that this is just a prototype, and my idea (function) can be applied to a lot of furniture, just like reclining.

You can have a sofa in living room (the biggest object there) that you can shrink it at put it in a corner, you can have an Expandable table set in your dining room with a table and 4 chair that don't take too much space, but when you need it, you can have 12 to 20 seats..... and also balcony, waiting rooms...

I would see this idea in every furniture show room, just as you can see a reclining furniture.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

chid

Ready to race!
Thank you guys!

Here is the first prototype, a wooden chair for dining room that can go from 1 to 5 places in seconds:

MORE-IN-ONE Seating Concept

this could work perfectly with an expandable table, as a set: you could have a table with 4 chairs, and when you need it, you expand it to 12. Did you notice that in every advertising for an expandable table, the chairs are not there? they suddenly appear when the table is expanded, but in a small apartment, where do you keep them?

I will try to have a Facebook and Instagram page soon, to have more visibility. (old school guy here, slow with social media)

I managed to work with a few local furniture companies, but the retailer chains don't want to order it because it's a totally new type of furniture, and they don't want to risk.

And my feeling is that they are afraid they will lose business, people will buy a single piece of furniture instead of 2.

If you have any question, don't hesitate!