GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Honda Civic R

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Just wondering about the details that surround these type of records. I would assume the driver and to a certain extent weather would play a significant factor in achieving these records. For weather, I guess one could just wait for optimal conditions. As for driver... according to my reasoning, a fair way to compare two cars would be to have multiple drivers driving the same cars. Maybe that's how it's done? I don't know.

YES, the driver is extremely important. Do we know who set the records for the Golf and the Type R? The Nurburgring record in the Porsche 956 was set by Stefan Bellof, you bet his driving skill is a big part of that famous lap time. Conditions, tires as well. Obviously Honda (and VW for that matter) use little tricks to get as much advantage as possible for these sort of tests. I met a German friend recently that actually worked at VW in the department that did that. Doing things like reducing the A/C power and other small things to get the cars setup as good as possible for MPG and 0-60 tests.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
I thought the same thing about the wing on the last generation Toyota Supra. Boy was I wrong, should have bought one.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Saw my first civic type r in person today. The white makes it look terribly plastic, as if it were some old tupperware with food trying to escape its prison (*and thus the body kit formed*).

Seeing it in person is definitely more "wtf is that thing?" than seeing it online.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

AJ15

Ready to race!
I haven't seen one in person. I think it's hideous. I'm sure I'll love it in person. I'm a Honda fan (boy), I'll admit.

SpeedDemon

Ready to race!
Can I get those mechanicals in one of these.

Or one of these

Or just scratch that; just give me those as is, with their high revving beautiful raspy engines.

The JDM Civic I don't mind as there are mods that make these monsters, but compared to what Honda is TRYING to accomplish in this era(leave the mods to the experts!!!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
Wow...WTF happened to the design department at Honda after the EK? I respect the performance...but the looks are a bit much.