GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hesitation after remap

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,
I have a problem with my 1.2 TSI. I have done a remap (2nd one) and I have a problem(the 1st one did the same). So, while under heavy acceleration, foot down, in the 2nd gear I noticed it, at 3800, 4500 and about 4800 the car starts to hesitate for a second then goes back to accelerate normal. Can this be a problem with the ignition coils? Any other ideas?

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
If it is only doing it with the map then it is most likely the map is wrong and has a flat spot. Is the first and second map from the same company or completely different?

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
2nd remap from a different company. I forgot to mention that sometimes it doesn't do it, but mostly it does so I excluded a flat spot.

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
I once had the CEL flash but it was several months ago. After I restarted the car, all was fine. The code that was stored was an cylinder 2 misfire. I erased that error and never appeared again.
However, asnwering to your question, the CEL doesn't flash when this happens, neither the EPC

minu94

Passed Driver's Ed
Changed spark plugs and ignition coils, still does it. Checked for boost leaks using charge air pressure actual and specified in VCDS and no problem there either. Some ideas?