GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alberta\Western Dubs

nype

Drag Racing Champion

Kyle_Kelso

Passed Driver's Ed
Cochrane here. No block heater hasn't been a problem yet. Best Calgary dealer is... yourself. Had some work done on my mk4 tdi wagon at 5th ave years ago, they tried to sell me a new brake switch instead of a pair of bulbs...
Mk7 came from Southcenter but their service center lost my business for life. Won't ever go back for anything and used to live right near there.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Bern_Golf17

Cochrane here. No block heater hasn't been a problem yet. Best Calgary dealer is... yourself. Had some work done on my mk4 tdi wagon at 5th ave years ago, they tried to sell me a new brake switch instead of a pair of bulbs...
Mk7 came from Southcenter but their service center lost my business for life. Won't ever go back for anything and used to live right near there.

What was your experience? I'm going today for my first service.

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Kyle_Kelso

Passed Driver's Ed
What was your experience? I'm going today for my first service.

At my 60K service they told me I had to have the transmission fluid changed. I reminded him it has a manual, not a dsg and they said it would void my warranty if I refused. At that same service they installed a mix of NGK and Bosch spark plugs which I found when I did my own service at 120k. I brought it up to the service manager while I was buying new plugs and he said "It would be easy for a tech to mix up the plugs. They just grab them from a bin and make sure they are the same measurements, because that's what matters." He also acknowledged that the manual trans does not need to be flushed at 60k but, without pulling up any service records or asking anybody, denied that the advisor lied to me about it.

Maybe I have unrealistically high standards but I refuse to accept this level of care for "professional" work. And if the manager has a crappy attitude, why would any of the staff care?

Bern_Golf17

At my 60K service they told me I had to have the transmission fluid changed. I reminded him it has a manual, not a dsg and they said it would void my warranty if I refused. At that same service they installed a mix of NGK and Bosch spark plugs which I found when I did my own service at 120k. I brought it up to the service manager while I was buying new plugs and he said "It would be easy for a tech to mix up the plugs. They just grab them from a bin and make sure they are the same measurements, because that's what matters." He also acknowledged that the manual trans does not need to be flushed at 60k but, without pulling up any service records or asking anybody, denied that the advisor lied to me about it.

Maybe I have unrealistically high standards but I refuse to accept this level of care for "professional" work. And if the manager has a crappy attitude, why would any of the staff care?

Ahhh that's unfortunate. I just watched a documentary on service centres at dealerships and they all work on commission. They tell you whatever is needed to get you to spend extra cash.

I went in for the 15km oil change and didnt care for anything else they recommend.

Hopefully you got some cash refunded

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Just picked up a new to me 2015 GTI PP here in Vancouver. My first VW and I’m already in love!
Welcome to the Vw community. If you get a chance come out to the local gatherings like the RevScene and Dubberz Spring meets

chrono8

Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Richmond bc here! Just finalized my first new car - 2018 gti autobahn w/ DAP. Just waiting for the car to come =/. Hopefully first week of April or mid April...

p.s. used to be a 2000 Civic SiR, loving the dubz now

Last edited:

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Nice! Rmd here as well.

Which color? DSG or 6MT?

nype

Drag Racing Champion