GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 GTI weight of wheels

Loonster

Ready to race!
I doubt anyone's had the chance to do that yet since the models are so new but the 2017 Austin wheels weigh in at 25lbs. I'd guess they're probably very close to that.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport DSG
I doubt anyone's had the chance to do that yet since the models are so new but the 2017 Austin wheels weigh in at 25lbs. I'd guess they're probably very close to that.

I'd be surprised if there were a significant weight difference between the 2.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
A guy just put on Konig Ampliforms onto his 2018 in another thread.

I know he has a scale and he probably now has the wheels sans tires.

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
Scale is off by about .5-1lb

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
Damn, glad I sold mine! :D

That and how easy it was to see imperfections on the machined surfaces would drive me nuts!

cbr600rr

Go Kart Champion
Damn, glad I sold mine! :D

That and how easy it was to see imperfections on the machined surfaces would drive me nuts!

Glad I sold mine too. Picked up a set of these wheels to replace them. Fast FC04 in 18x8 et40 which weigh 18.6 lbs. Wrapped in firehawk Indy 500s. Tires are about 1-2 lbs heavier than the stock tires. So I am super glad about the -8ish lbs from the new wheels.

Thanks to chris796 for weighing them and posting here (do you know if your scale is off on the heavy end or light end?). I intended to weigh mine before I sold them. But dumbsh!t me forgot to.

Attachments

• img20180312_224119.jpg
    img20180312_224119.jpg
    392.7 KB · Views: 3,328

Clem604

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW GTI
Scale is off by about .5-1lb

Seeing this made me so happy that I switched to OZ Alleggerita's, 7-8lbs savings[emoji3]

chris796

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad I sold mine too. Picked up a set of these wheels to replace them. Fast FC04 in 18x8 et40 which weigh 18.6 lbs. Wrapped in firehawk Indy 500s. Tires are about 1-2 lbs heavier than the stock tires. So I am super glad about the -8ish lbs from the new wheels.

Thanks to chris796 for weighing them and posting here (do you know if your scale is off on the heavy end or light end?). I intended to weigh mine before I sold them. But dumbsh!t me forgot to.

It weighs on the heavy side just a bit

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
I won't say my summer wheels are much lighter (BBS CO's) but even after just 700km there were already blemishes on the machined faces on the Milton's before I had a chance to swap my winter wheels on. It was driving me nuts lol!