GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Oil funnel question

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
I swear I searched the hell out of this, sorry if it’s already been beaten to death.

Looking for a nice no hands needed oil funnel that clicks into place.

I’m sure ECS has some funnel made of anodized alu that costs $99 but I don’t want to spend a ton on something I should be able to get for $10.

Bought this one, doesn’t fit.

PK 710 oil filler funnel, anti spiller,Volkswagen OIL tool, Audi OIL tool, BMW oil tool, Mercedes Benz OIL tool https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006T8L2KY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apip_w5Ojl7wR6Ltt8

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
People pay money for a funnel?

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
In any other car I’ve ever had, the oil goes into a hole and any old funnel you can bojangle together is sufficient.

In this car, it’s over engineered and no funnel will actually enter the hole and then not fall right out as soon as you let go of it.

And exactly right, it’s damn near impossible to pour from a fresh 5 quart container into a funnel you’re holding with the other hand. I’m sure someone will say they do it all the time but I prefer to buy the right tool for the job and then lose it someplace in the garage before I need it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

adam1991

Banned
I've not looked at mine yet, but the moment you said "over engineered" I got right on board. I expect such over-engineering in a VW.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
In any other car I’ve ever had, the oil goes into a hole and any old funnel you can bojangle together is sufficient.

In this car, it’s over engineered and no funnel will actually enter the hole and then not fall right out as soon as you let go of it.

And exactly right, it’s damn near impossible to pour from a fresh 5 quart container into a funnel you’re holding with the other hand. I’m sure someone will say they do it all the time but I prefer to buy the right tool for the job and then lose it someplace in the garage before I need it again.

Can't hold the jug with one hand? I use the funnel below, it fits in the hole and doesn't fall out. I hold the jug with one hand and funnel with the other.

Last edited:

chiefhiawatha

Ready to race!
If I had that big funnel I’d probably have stuck with it. Does seem cool to have one that just stays right in place though too.

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
If you pour the quart of oil sideways where it would be laying flat it pours out perfectly and doesn't guzzle out and is easy to get in the oil fill cap we thought a funnel. I never spill any oil and it's quick and easy.

lucyfek

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI & GSW
Cheap alternative is to go local junkyard, find a VW, pull the oil cap, drill a hole and screw in top of your favorite soda bottle. I bet it'll be dirt cheap.