GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question regarding rear bumper..

Jcoe0723

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok, so long story short.. Someone backed into my gti in a parking lot. I've been looking around for a replacement bumper and I think I found one in my color (DBP) but the seller says it has the parking sensors (which my cars package didn't come with), would this bumper still fit on my car or is there going to be issues?

Jcoe0723

Passed Driver's Ed
Yes it will still fit as long as you don't mind seeing those circles in the bumper where sensors should be

Well I mean my current bumper has the circle there even though I don't have the parking sensors so I just figured maybe there was something else behind the ones that actually do that may prohibit me from installing it.

Thanks though

pumpeduse

No you are referring to your rear tow hook cover, the parking sensors are smaller and I believe there are 4 of them.

Jcoe0723

Passed Driver's Ed
Okay..New problem here...

I found someone selling MK7 bumpers in DBP....But they're golf bumpers, not specifically GTI. The guy was saying the only difference is the diffuser...So would it all fit correctly and I just switch my current GTI diffuser onto it?

pumpeduse

Unfortunately he is incorrect, although they use the same mounting points as GTI and R bumpers. The bumpers are not the same. Your diffuser would not simply be able to attach. They are totally different in terms of styling.

Jcoe0723

Passed Driver's Ed
Unfortunately he is incorrect, although they use the same mounting points as GTI and R bumpers. The bumpers are not the same. Your diffuser would not simply be able to attach. They are totally different in terms of styling.

Ah thanks...

Well, guess I'll have to go with the GTI bumper I found...Though it's not the color I need. I wonder how much it'll cost to get it painted DBP....

Edit: Well...This is starting to fire up. Being told from the VW MK7 Facebook group that the MK7 Golf bumper DOES fit on the GTI and will also work with the GTI valence/diffuser...

Last edited:

pumpeduse

i would recommend that, lmk if you do it. Ill run your vin to get your paint and color code for the paint shop

m3incorp

Ready to race!
I've seen a couple of Golfs that have the GTI bumper/diffuser. There are some good paint shops that could paint your bumper and shouldn't be too expensive, as it is not a big part.

Ah thanks...

Well, guess I'll have to go with the GTI bumper I found...Though it's not the color I need. I wonder how much it'll cost to get it painted DBP....

Edit: Well...This is starting to fire up. Being told from the VW MK7 Facebook group that the MK7 Golf bumper DOES fit on the GTI and will also work with the GTI valence/diffuser...

pumpeduse

Ah thanks...

Yes they are correct in terms of a golf bumper fitting on a GTI. I never said that it doesn't fit on the vehicle. I said that a golf bumper with a GTI diffuser wouldn't work.

superpotato

Just for future reference to this thread.
A golf rear bumper will in fact fit on a GTI. I just did the swap. All the clips for the body and the valance are exactly the same.