GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

16 inch wheel performance on GTI

erikweber321

Ready to race!
Hey Team,

How is your performance on 16" wheels? I want to go to them for Winter tire/wheel package, but I'm worried I'm going to hate how they handle.

What are your opinions?

Which kind of rubber you'll run will make a bigger difference than going one size up or down.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Hey Team,

How is your performance on 16" wheels? I want to go to them for Winter tire/wheel package, but I'm worried I'm going to hate how they handle.

What are your opinions?

Do you have the performance package? This is signified by the big GTI painted on the two front brake calipers.

If so minimum wheel size is 17".

erikweber321

Ready to race!
So it's nonPP which I should have specified, and I'm coming from 18austins with summer rubber Firestone indy500, which have saved my life (literally) and been an absolute dream (rebranded Bridgestone potenza r03 or something close)

I'm interested in rocking some 16" for the price...with winter's. I've done a ton of research and I think It's down to this choice

Size 215/55/16

Pirelli winter sotozero 3 (performance winter)
Michelin x-ice (non performance winter)

I've done extensive research and I'm more interested in the handling than I am it's ability to eat through lots of snow, so blizzaks are off the table unless someone with a GTI convinces me otherwise.

Anyway, going from 18-16 is obviously going to change handling around corners quite a bit.

Anyone with 16" care to comment?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk