GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Schwaben vs off brand oil extractor

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
Exactly. It's nice and easy, and you won't even need any tools for the filter either unless someone went crazy tightening it on the last change.

I can’t bring myself to hand tighten that filter housing. I’ve seen what happens when they aren’t tight enough and it scares the piss out of me to potentially have oil spray all over the engine compartment.

Good old torque wrench to specified torque for me.

BxGTI

Go Kart Champion
Damm it lol I just purchased a HF pump last weekend for 60 OTD :-( 40 sounds better lol.
Oh well, it works perfectly anyways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
I can’t bring myself to hand tighten that filter housing. I’ve seen what happens when they aren’t tight enough and it scares the piss out of me to potentially have oil spray all over the engine compartment.

Good old torque wrench to specified torque for me.

Thanks for reminding me to try and find the 36mm socket

Isj

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
needed a bigger extractor for my S4, about to test the mityvac one from amazon. It looks very similar to the schwaben unit, would not be surprised if they were made by the same company.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
Part of me wants to return the Schwaben and re order because I’d still come ahead after shipping lol. But ecs Tuning has been decent to me it’s whatever ... they never included any swag in the shipment though :(

sprinks

Drag Racing Champion
needed a bigger extractor for my S4, about to test the mityvac one from amazon. It looks very similar to the schwaben unit, would not be surprised if they were made by the same company.

More than likely. Schwaben is ECS house brand as i believe and more than likely it's just a rebadging.

Gawernator

Go Kart Champion
More than likely. Schwaben is ECS house brand as i believe and more than likely it's just a rebadging.

Yeah it is, probably made in the same factory. Looked like the ECS model came with different attachments though.

Mk7user

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI 2015

I have the Mityvac 7201 which is 8.8L I believe.
But since I have smaller engine cars now I won't mind going smaller.

That said, I like the Mitivacs but the air tightness & quality leaves something to be desired (this is my 3rd Mityvac) & when there is air leakage, you end up doing all the suction yourself ie pumping yourself.

So I am looking to change to the Scwhaben or EKV mentioned elsewhere in this thread due to quality & performance.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Awesome, I may just order one at that price. I've been using a Mityvac 7400 which has been great until I left some used oil in there for a few weeks by accident and it started spraying out oil from the pumping cylinder. (Common issue) $40 is better than the headache of fixing the seal on the old Mityvac. Lol

Are you supposed to suck something through it to clean it out after an extraction? Or do you mean you left it full of used oil? I assumed extracting and dumping the used oil in an empty jug was all that was needed.

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Are you supposed to suck something through it to clean it out after an extraction? Or do you mean you left it full of used oil? I assumed extracting and dumping the used oil in an empty jug was all that was needed.

I left used oil in it after the second use. The next time I used it, it would shoot oil out of the handle as I pumped, it still worked fine but it made a mess.

Apparently there is a fix using silicone sealant somewhere in or around the pumping cylinder. I'm sure I wouldn't have a problem with it if I didn't leave the oil in by accident, it worked great the first 2 times.