GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Side effect from installing VW sunshades.

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
After installing the sunshades which are awesome. I notice the horrible booming wind noise that was induced when the rear windows were down all but disappeared. :D. It's nice to roll down the window and cruise again.

USA

Ready to race!
After installing the sunshades which are awesome. I notice the horrible booming wind noise that was induced when the rear windows were down all but disappeared. :D. It's nice to roll down the window and cruise again.
LOL. This is common with many vehicles. It is like a vibrating sonic boom is the best I can describe it. What brand did you get? Any link?

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
LOL. This is common with many vehicles. It is like a vibrating sonic boom is the best I can describe it. What brand did you get? Any link?

I bought the VW sunshades. 5G0-064-365 is the part number. I sourced mine off Amazon. Sonic boom is a better description. :D

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
How do they mount? I wanted some but the dealership said they just use double sided tape. Not a huge fan of that.

They use clips that grab onto the door metal edge under weatherstrip, very clever and simple, no tape or glue, easily removable

N2fastcars

Ready to race!
I have a set too and love them. My son is still rear facing and the sun is in his face in the mornings and then again in the evenings on our way home. The windows were already tinted and still wasn't enough. The only downside is now I have to make sure there's no one in my right rear blind spot before making a lane change.

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
No tape on MK7 window shades, just tiny clips that work very well.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
no noise or rattle from them? can you install without touching glass (tint)?

Schnell_R

Ready to race!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
thanks so much!