GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
FORUM OPTIONS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum > Technical Topics > Wheels / Tires / Suspension / Brakes / Chassis - Sponsored by The Tire Rack

The Tire Rack
Welcome to the Wheels and Tires section of GOLFMK7. This area is proudly sponsored by The Tire Rack.

If you are making a purchase from TireRack, please help support GOLFMK7 by clicking through to them with this link or clicking on the Tire Rack banner ad. Doing so helps give back to GOLFMK7 so we can keep this place running!

Old 04-21-2017, 06:41 PM   #18
GLoBaLReBeL

Drives: 2016 Golf GTI
Thank you both @Breaking Badly and @Flipflp @Dave1078. I will be sure to print out your recommendations and make sure that they get the rear in spec as you say.

@Flipflp, any chance you know of any good alignment shops around you or in SoCal that can do what is being requested? I have Pacific German out by me and will call them up to see if they do alignments as they work extensively with VW and Audi.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:57 PM   #19
flipflp

Drives: 2016 Golf R DSG
Quote:
Originally Posted by GLoBaLReBeL View Post
Thank you both @Breaking Badly and @Flipflp @Dave1078. I will be sure to print out your recommendations and make sure that they get the rear in spec as you say.

@Flipflp, any chance you know of any good alignment shops around you or in SoCal that can do what is being requested? I have Pacific German out by me and will call them up to see if they do alignments as they work extensively with VW and Audi.
Pretty much any alignment shop will be able to get "within factory specs" even with a lowered VW, but I have personally used Auto Union tuning for 2 different cars and they've always done a great job. Qualities of a great job being:

Even camber left to right in the Front and Rear
Even/Minimal Toe for tire wear considerations

I've requested additional negative camber in the rear of one car to avoid rubbing on an aggressive wheel setup and they nailed it.

I also know Emmanuele Design has an alignment rack, and they've done work on my cars in the past as well.

I'd recommend either, tough choice because they aren't too far from each other haha. If Pacific German is close to you, they would know just as much as the two I recommended. No way to lose if you're going to a Euro shop in SoCal IMO.
flipflp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:13 PM   #20
GLoBaLReBeL

Drives: 2016 Golf GTI
@Flipflp : Much love for the recommendations and quick reply man! Don't want to take over the thread completely so I'll throw ya a PM if I have any more Qs.

Again, Thank You for the help EVERYONE! :-)