GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Show Us Your Intake!

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
I currently have an Injen Evo intake, but it's a major PITA to reinstall. Plus I want some more turbo noise again. I know the the Neuspeed will clear the Neuspeed discharge pipe, but I realize you need a front intake section. I sold or threw that out stock piece out when I installed the injen evo intake lol. Anyone have recommendations or solutions to the front intake box on a Neuspeed intake? The only brands I can seem to find that sell just the front are Unitronic and Revo.

Last edited:

Hoon

Autocross Champion
How restricting is the snow grate?

At stock airflow levels, not at all.

1 whp gained on a stock car with a snow guard delete and a panel filter. Obviously the difference will be a bit more on a tuned car.

nate704

Go Kart Champion
I installed an IE open intake on my 2017 GTI 3 weeks ago and I have some dumb questions. Since the install my fuel economy has increased by about 35 miles per tank from city driving. Before the install I was consistently getting 220 miles per tank 100% city driving and now I'm seeing 250ish after the intake install. Also, It may just be my imagination, but I do feel like I'm losing some power. I'm positive it's installed correctly. Thoughts?

aftermarket intakes get warmer air compare to the stock one, hence less dense air and less gas consumption and less power...ish.. It will get better during the winter months.

888Gen3

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GOLF MK8 GTI
I have still got the OEM Intake and it is good enough for 510 HP and 610 Torque and the following 100-200 kmh fresh times done by GPear and LM500 Rev.2 Upgradeturbo today:

toledospeed

Go Kart Champion

Jovian

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 VW GTI
Aftermarket-ish intake

Snowguard removed, K&N filter and Revo Turbo Inlet Pipe. Still looks very OEM.

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
What is the best filter intake in the issue of turbine sound and performance? APR, VWR, Injen open?

Integrated Engineering. They have a massive filter opening design.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!

Prob the best looking cone stick out there too if you were to go this route IMO and wanted sound. Luckily my AWE box allows the lid to be taken off, which I will be doing now that its getting cooler. I feign for the whoosh too.

Johnpaul

Ready to race!

I owned the IE open intake for a while... It's a great intake! I did have a small problem with the intake tube rubbing on part of the engine that required me to readjust the intake tube. I also broke the plastic table attached to my battery tray when I removed the IE heat shield. I bought the intake when it first came out for something like $287 (?) and for that price it's an awesome intake!

DasTurboWagen

Ready to race!
Just to add another open intake option since I haven't seen it mentioned here. AEM makes a different piece for the A3 than the GTI. I guess because the GTI one is too childish for an Audi since it's bright red. Lol The intake tube is a different design as well. Looks pretty good for $280.