GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

OPS Not OEM?

ofektal12

Ready to race!
i have rear parking sensors on my 2015 mk7 golf and when i spoke to a guy on obdeleven support he told me that my rear sensors arent oem, is there a way that my sensors are the cheap ebay ones? cuz they dont look like that, they are flush and look oem, how do i check it?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Looks real to me. That's an awful lot of work to make fake ones. Also there are more on the front bumper, yes? There should also be a button near the shifter. Mine is near the D/S like this pic.

I assume yours has this button?

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Looks real to me. That's an awful lot of work to make fake ones. Also there are more on the front bumper, yes? There should also be a button near the shifter. Mine is near the D/S like this pic.

I assume yours has this button?

i dont have front bumper sensors so i dont have the button cuz that button is installed when you have front and rear sensors. i hope they are real cuz i want to install front ones too and if they are fake i will have the buy rear ones and that will be expensive

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
i dont have front bumper sensors so i dont have the button cuz that button is installed when you have front and rear sensors. i hope they are real cuz i want to install front ones too and if they are fake i will have the buy rear ones and that will be expensive

Do they work? The radio will show park assist when you are in reverse like this pic. The little bars around the car light up as things are detected.

ofektal12

Ready to race!
Do they work? The radio will show park assist when you are in reverse like this pic. The little bars around the car light up as things are detected.

yea they work and they beep when i get close to something but no i dont have this, as i said you get this display on the screen only when you have front and rear sensors(when you have front and rear they are connected to a module so it can control them and display it on the screen) i have only rear sensors so no path display. :(

Last edited:

jonnyg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 Golf R
There is an OEM vw dealer installed rear parking sensor kit. This could be what you have if the sensors themselves look exactly like OEM in the bumper. One way of checking is if the beeper tone sounds like the OEM tone, do you know another Mk7 owner near you with PDC you could check.
The kit is pn 5G0054630

ofektal12

Ready to race!
There is an OEM vw dealer installed rear parking sensor kit. This could be what you have if the sensors themselves look exactly like OEM in the bumper. One way of checking is if the beeper tone sounds like the OEM tone, do you know another Mk7 owner near you with PDC you could check.
The kit is pn 5G0054630
wow great, hmm no but when i hear it in youtube videos it sounds exactly the same but im still not sure

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Last edited: