GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Uni S2 vs 335i, E92 M3, Heads/Cam GTO (1315-1600whp bonus footage)

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Went to Mexico yesterday, ran a stock 335i and a Heads/Cam GTO.

The 335i was a dig, he put less than a car on me while i was spinning, hooked in the top of second gear and very quickly put a few car lengths on him and let out. It was ugly.

The GTO is an LS1 with Trick Flow 215s (basically the baddest head you can put on an LS1, $3600 head/cam package). All the bolt ons, obviously. Trunk was gutted, but i think it had full interior, not sure.

We did a 40 and a 60 roll. He didn't hear the honks on the 40 so i jumped out a bit and he motored around me eventually. That was about 40-120.

https://youtu.be/G9MpZvZ8Z5U

Second one was a 60 roll, lost by a few cars, as expected.

https://youtu.be/SoCEJnFWnIo

The E92 M3 was a random encounter, giant DINAN sticker across the windshield with a carbon hood and trunk, exhaust, etc.

Couldn't get him to line up with me, but we played around for 7 or 8 miles.

He was a hair quicker than me. A hair. He would creep a foot or two at the top of each of his gears, shift (DCT Trans) and sit there. If i didn't have 50lbs of extra shit in the car, it would have been dead nuts. It was that close.

Some of the heavy hitters that were out yesterday were a 1650whp GTR (on kill, turned down to 1350whp yesterday, although there is controversy about whether it got turned up after it got beat) and a 1315whp / 1150wtq Z06.

The GTR went 198mph in the 1/2 mile a few setups ago. It's significantly faster now. Safe to call this car a no budget build. The brake rotors were $8500. Transmission was more than a GTI.

Both were racing my buddy on his stock motor '16 ZX10R.

You're not catching a bike/rider like this with a car that traps below 170mph.

Just for reference, his 5-6 shift is 170-173mph.

https://youtu.be/VSJAY3iAB7Q

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
Good run man and the z06/GTR were insane.... i think you should stack with a JB4..

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Good run man and the z06/GTR were insane.... i think you should stack with a JB4..

Not interested in stacking, the car runs awesome, it's a daily driver that i like to have a little fun with. I want to take it easy on this garbage turbo and prolong its sad little life.

If do anything it will be an IS38 and a reflash, but i'm in no rush.

Ricked_Em

Go Kart Champion
Not interested in stacking, the car runs awesome, it's a daily driver that i like to have a little fun with. I want to take it easy on this garbage turbo and prolong its sad little life.

Was the gto a 6 speed?

cdubbgti911

Ready to race!

I wouldn’t call the is20 turbo garbage, it’s a much better turbo than the ko3 was on the previous gen GTI. For what it is I think it’s a great stock turbo that you can get with a sub 30k car. Anyways thanks for the post and sharing vids

Hoon

Autocross Champion
I wouldn’t call the is20 turbo garbage, it’s a much better turbo than the ko3 was on the previous gen GTI. For what it is I think it’s a great stock turbo that you can get with a sub 30k car. Anyways thanks for the post and sharing vids

If GTIs still came with K03s I wouldn't have bought one, that's for sure.

The IS20 has decent power potential, but it's been revised how many times now? And still isn't bullet proof?

Poor balance, bearings that don't hold up, nuts falling off the turbine shafts, etc.

Turbos aren't new technology...it shouldn't be hard to make one that can withstand a real beating. Other manufacturers have been doing it for decades.

APR1

Ready to race!
If GTIs still came with K03s I wouldn't have bought one, that's for sure.

The IS20 has decent power potential, but it's been revised how many times now? And still isn't bullet proof?

Poor balance, bearings that don't hold up, nuts falling off the turbine shafts, etc.

Turbos aren't new technology...it shouldn't be hard to make one that can withstand a real beating. Other manufacturers have been doing it for decades.
Agreed, maybe you should work for VAG and make one :D:cool: