GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Boomba Short shift adapter

slide13

Ready to race!
I have a Boomba short shift adapter I’m thinking of installing soon. Just wondered if there is anyone who’s been running one for a while and if you’ve been happy with it.

Found a good number of posts right after people installed it but not much for long term follow up so thought I’d ask before I throw it on.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I have a Boomba short shift adapter I’m thinking of installing soon. Just wondered if there is anyone who’s been running one for a while and if you’ve been happy with it.

Found a good number of posts right after people installed it but not much for long term follow up so thought I’d ask before I throw it on.
I've had mine for about six months and yes, still happy.

slide13

Ready to race!
Thanks for your feedback!

Put it on and wow, what a change! Super easy install and shortens it up dramamtically, if I hadn’t known it was 28% I would have guessed more. It slides into the next gear almost automatically. I can see why people say neutral can be trickier to hit, but I think that’ll just take some getting used to.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, it took a little bit of getting used to but after a day or two it's second nature again. I put on the shift knob at the same time so it was closer to a 50% reduction.

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Love mine

Matthewpt

Ready to race!
6 months and no problem yet. Love it still.

lokerola

Ready to race!
About 6 months here and it's working just as good as the day I installed it. Of course, now it feels normal and I wouldn't mind a short shift for my short shift - LOL.

But it engages perfectly and works great. Nice, weighted throws and no notchiness, or anything weird - just great shifts

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
I think i am along the same timeline as most around the 6-7 month mark and it is great. The feel of the shifter is worth it alone, the shorter throw is an added benefit.

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
I have the Boomba weighted knob and short shift kit. The throws are much shorter and crisper than stock. And the kit is super easy to install. Just make sure you’re careful when you remove the clip that holds the cable. Mine popped off and took a bit of doing to find it.

Boomba Racing

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Thanks for the kind words! We love advertising our short shift adapter as being the easiest one to install on the market and one of the best feeling ones out there. This piece really does transform the way shifting feels in your GTI. Pair it with our knob for an even better experience!

slide13

Ready to race!
Thanks for the kind words! We love advertising our short shift adapter as being the easiest one to install on the market and one of the best feeling ones out there. This piece really does transform the way shifting feels in your GTI. Pair it with our knob for an even better experience!

Yeah, I have to say, after putting it in on Sunday I'm pretty amazed. It makes a huge difference. Shifts are shorter and the added weight seems to really tighten up the feel of the shifts. And it was crazy easy to install...it's hard to believe such a simple little bolt on piece could have such a big effect.

Very glad I got this piece, thanks!

airjor13

Ready to race!
Took mine off after a few months, was too notchy for my taste.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bh36913

Passed Driver's Ed
Had mine since the beginning of the year. Did the bracket and some solid bushings on the linkages. The combination made the shifter feel awesome. I actually like a "notchy" shifter. I can't stand a shifter with all kinds of play in it.