GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS JB4 R specific thread

blahblah

It is fine. we developed the unit at 5600ft. If you going to use map 6 we just need to keep a eye at peak boost from 6000 and up.
At your altitude torque will be similar to coast and maybe around 10whp down at high rpm vs the coast.
On the R the JB4 cannot provide sufficient fueling for a big turbo.

Okay.. I ordered a JB4.

Is a downpipe a good way to reduce the turbo lag at high elevation? Will a larger intercooler increase lag noticeably at high elevation? Can I run Map 2 with a downpipe at 10,000 ft with 93 fuel? Anyway I will log...

Schnell_R

Ready to race!
Okay.. I ordered a JB4.

Is a downpipe a good way to reduce the turbo lag at high elevation? Will a larger intercooler increase lag noticeably at high elevation? Can I run Map 2 with a downpipe at 10,000 ft with 93 fuel? Anyway I will log...

Change one thing at a time. Don't go fixing problems before they are known. I would run the jb4 solidly for a month before making changes. A better flowing downpipe is always welcome in a performance application.

Daument

Ready to race!
I've recently upgraded my JB1 to JB4. I now have part and full throttle surging on map 2, Map 6 surges at part throttle but seems smooth at full throttle.

MAP2 first pull
2017 Golf R 6MT
no mods
60 degree day
3rd gear

1stpullmap2 by daument100, on Flickr[/IMG]

MAP2 second pull
same as above

2ndpullmap2 by daument100, on Flickr

MAP6

IMG_0452 by daument100, on Flickr

MAP6 Settings

map6 settings by daument100, on Flickr

Any ideas?

thanks !!

OliS3

I was wondering how launch control works for you running a JB4

I run map 6 with 1st gear boost limited to 18.5psi and it was working fine. Now it takes off hard and about 5k rpm I get a massive loss of power and it takes a second until the power kicks in and then the car runs fine.

I assume it is a torque limiter or traction control coming in (I do have ESC fully off)

If I do a few in a row by the 3rd it works fine and continues to work fine (extra tyre temp or the car pulling power from getting warm?)

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
I was wondering how launch control works for you running a JB4

I run map 6 with 1st gear boost limited to 18.5psi and it was working fine. Now it takes off hard and about 5k rpm I get a massive loss of power and it takes a second until the power kicks in and then the car runs fine.

I assume it is a torque limiter or traction control coming in (I do have ESC fully off)

If I do a few in a row by the 3rd it works fine and continues to work fine (extra tyre temp or the car pulling power from getting warm?)

Can you log this?

OliS3

Can you log this?

I can't see why not, I think it is down to the extra torque the JB4 adds as others have had issues with the JB1 and dropping down the boost from 5 to 4.8 has solved it.

I was just wondering how many others have these issues

Daument

Ready to race!
Where are we at on the firmware upgrade?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Tapatalk

George looked at the logs and sent new firmware. It’s been a few hundred miles since the update was installed. It still has a slight surge around 3500 with part throttle but it’s virtually unnoticeable if your not driving it. I’ll be installing an AWE down pipe in the next few weeks, we’ll see how that works out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steenbeek

Passed Driver's Ed
Do any of you guys recognize DSG slip when boost kicks in in mid range?
I always have it for one or two seconds when i go wot at lets say 4000rpm.
I want to avoid buying a dsg software.

Dragk913

Go Kart Newbie
Hey guys,

I'm running Map2 on my JB4, but keep hitting a safety and the JB4 is reverting back to Map4. I've already emailed George, but figured I'd check in with y'all to see if anyone can spot what's causing the issue. ETA: this Map2 log is a 3rd-4th gear pull starting at roughly 60mph. Should I re-log it from a lower speed?

Datalog: Located Here

Current mods on the Golf R are only 93oct fuel (United States), intake, turbo inlet pipe, cat-back exhaust (stock downpipe).

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Last edited: