GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

JD_MK7 // Urban Joke Tail Light VCDS Tweaks

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Right. And again v1 allows for a turn signal and a brake light for the side that's blinking. That's why I like it better. Plus I don't think v2 is legal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dduck

Passed Driver's Ed
I coded this today and noticed on Golf V2 that two values for left and right inner do not match. This appears to be a mistake.

(18)-Leuchte23SL HLC10-Dimmwert GH 23 - 0
(18)-Leuchte24SL HRA65-Dimmwert GH 24 - 10

I ended up setting both 0 and works great.

dmcgrath009

Ready to race!
EDIT: Never mind, I was able to log back into OBD ELEVEN and look at the history and reverse everything to stock.

So now that I'm back on stock settings. I would like to figure out a way to get my trailer lights to work and to have the Urban Joke V2 tails.

Do you guys have any suggestions for this? Can I just run my trailer lights off of the front turn signals? I have stock non lighting package headlights for now with no special coding.

***Please ignore the typing before trying***

Does anyone have the stock settings handy and could post them or send them to me ?

I did this modification a while ago and love it. I just installed a trailer wiring kit and its going crazy when the headlights are turned on. I just need to put it back to stock until I can figure out a way to have both working.

Last edited:

achapman1

I do still need the stock info. I want to switch back to amber signals as studies show it is safer.

Anyone by chance know them?

Frank416821

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm not sure what the appeal to this mod is. The NAR lighting is bad enough without adding this mod to it. IMO the best tail light mod would be at the very lest to get euro tails to have amber turn signals.

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
I'm not sure what the appeal to this mod is. The NAR lighting is bad enough without adding this mod to it. IMO the best tail light mod would be at the very lest to get euro tails to have amber turn signals.

Last edited:

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport

Not everyone has euro tail light $$$. Not everyone likes the way they look either.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Ftfy. ;)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LOL nice! No, I can admit they definitely look better than NAR oem. But they don't look that good for that price. If the 7.5 facelift lights cost as much as the 7 euro leds, I would totally be all over them.

achapman1

Huh? Amber turn signals? Cuz that would make things better?

Not sure if that is what you are discussing, but amber has been proven more effective of being seen than red.

Hence my desire to go back to stock but Not sure not go get to the settings or what they were.

But your hard work into is appreciated.

VRCex

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi guys, when I bought my Golf R 15 (pre oened) already had the urban joke, I'm going to install the LED 7.5 tails, do you know where can I get the vag com code to get back to the original setup?

Last edited:

deAutoLED.com

GolfMK6 Official Vendor
I've had my LEDs in for over a month now and besides a few minor issues (the reverse LEDs randomly showing "Light out" but pulling out and popping back in solves it) I really like them! You can check them out in my build thread in my sig.

Now I'm on a mission to find amber LEDs now, the only non-LED exterior bulbs left on my GTI. Does anyone know of a good set from AliExpress that they've tried?

The front bay9s amber LEDs are hard to find, no company has them bright enough and philips doesn't even make any due to the small size it is hard to get this bright, ours are brighter in direct sun light and look great in the MK7 LP housing:
http://deautokey.com/product/new-br...-signals-for-the-volkswagen-2015-mk7-golf-gti

Or are you referring to amber rear turns - if so you should have clear lens - that is here:
http://deautokey.com/product/amber-...its-mk7-golf-models-with-clear-turn-lens-only

Hey all, I would like to install Phillips vision 7440 LEDs on my mk7 GSW but i'm curious if selecting the urbanjoke v2 led option on obdeleven will mean no errors, anyone know? The phillips option is cheaper by A LOT and i'd feel better going with a huge brand like phillips that is stocked in canadian tire.

FWIW I have had two deauto plate leds start flaking out. I had a spare from them and it is now also flaking out. Blinking due to two of the six leds failing. But fortunately lifetime warranty!

Sorry to hear this, we have a brand new setup for 2017 - much brighter and better contrast between brake/tail / can be seen in direct sun light / and give the intense red color gives the appearance of an LED tail:
http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-complete-brake-osram-led-kit-bright-error-free-plug-play

Philips model is not as bright vs ours - no coding required to make our LEDs brighter or have better contrast. They can also be easily seen in direct sun light.

The reverse we offer are much brighter also:
http://deautokey.com/product/mkvii-gti-bright-10pc-cree-led-reverse-kit-error-free-plug-play

Our LEDs never have any errors, no radio interference and will fit tightly into the housing.

spicedog

Anyone know the values to return UrbanJokeV2 to stock? I can't find urbanjoke in the apps for OBDeleven anymore and I need to return to stock to install 7.5 taillights. Any help would be much appreciated!

JD_MK7

Ready to race!
Does the spreadsheet include them? I thought it did

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk