GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aftermarket Shift Knob Alternatives?

rusty9041

I'm getting a MK7 Alltrack and one of the only things that bugged me about the interior on the text drive was the oversized shift knob. Just did not enjoy the feel or style of it.

I've seen the BFI offerings and they seem nice but overpriced for what they are. OEM GTI shifters are also nice, and I love the golf ball style, but again, people want 100-150 for them even used.

Anyone seen any shift knobs around that are a little more reasonably priced? Was thinking $50-75ish?

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long
Similar pricing but a different OEM+ upgrades are the Clubsport GTI Shift knob + Alcantara shift boot. Going to be the same size as the GTI shifter though, just different center design. Not sure how it compares to the Alltrack shift knob size...

part number: 5G1711113FWEJ

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/int...d-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen-clubsport.htm

You can probably find these brand new on ebay or sites like e-acca/cars245, for 100+ usd.

rusty9041

Similar pricing but a different OEM+ upgrades are the Clubsport GTI Shift knob + Alcantara shift boot. Going to be the same size as the GTI shifter though, just different center design. Not sure how it compares to the Alltrack shift knob size...

part number: 5G1711113FWEJ

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/int...d-golf-7-gti-genuine-volkswagen-clubsport.htm

You can probably find these brand new on ebay or sites like e-acca/cars245, for 100+ usd.

Cool, thanks for the info. Slightly better value if you consider that the boot is included. I with there was an option without the red stitching though, it'd be a bit out of place in my brown interior.

I haven't had much luck on ebay so far, might not be using the right search terms.

bennybmn

Ready to race!
Pretty sure the bfi is actually bigger than the OEM. I think mine is a lot like the clubsport one posted above, maybe not as slick lookin tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philly1

dont know if you still looking for shift knobs but euro impulse is cool. i just got mine in black today.

they're ~$85 on the site. use code EURO for 10% off. they had some sort of shipping service crash last week so they refunded my 3-day shipping fee PLUS a 25% refund on my order for the screw up!

the only thing i "dislike" is the GTI is harder to paint in than i originally thought. if you want colored, you're gonna have to wait til christmas time when they offer custom colors (i emailed them about it before purchase). but besides this personal dilemna, this shift knob is greeeat.

Joel

Ready to race!

MSchott

Go Kart Newbie
My OEM knob had a nick in it from new and I recently opted for a Boomba weighted knob. Love it, in both feel and operation.

I'm very happy with my Boomba weighted knob. The only issue is the printing showing the shift pattern is fading, probably due to oils in my hand.

BaronGTI68

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm very happy with my Boomba weighted knob. The only issue is the printing showing the shift pattern is fading, probably due to oils in my hand.

That's disappointing-- I had wondered if mine was pre-faded but realized that they printed the shift pattern in an "antique" white rather than a bright white like I would have expected.

TheGreekFreak

Go Kart Champion
If ANYONE is looking for some sweet high quality (custom if you want it) shift knobs check out keep it flossy.. https://www.shopflossy.com/collections/shift-knobs?page=1 let me know what you guys think! They do custom engravings, custom colors/pictures and they said they will thread match for V dubs !

Interesting, I like how heavy their options are (500+ grams) for the same price as BFI's that is half the weight.

Depending on price, I would be interested in a leather wrapped option with an OEM shift pattern button on top at 500+ grams.