GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My new CSG GTD (and the wife's Polo Blue GT)

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Sorry Chris must have missed this.

Yes, her Polo is a little roller skate :D

It is a little firmer than the Golf as its running sports suspension and 17" alloys with low profile tyres, certainly not uncomfortable, but not as compliant as the GTD (but then to be fair that has adaptive chassis control as well).

Drives really well with excellent turn in and decent feel from the steering wheel. It corners very neutrally and on the limit goes into mild understeer (however you can still provoke lift off oversteer if you really want and turn the TC off).

A real little pocket rocket. Obviously hers "only" has 150ps, so god only knows how the real GTI must go then !

Last edited:

Chris43

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the info, I certainly have something to think about now. On paper the GTD and Polo GT have the same 0-60. I'm not quite ready to change yet but when I do I'll certainly look in depth at the Polo. Problem is I think the variable rate steering and adaptive headlights alone justify the higher price on the GTD, such a shame they are not on the Polo option list. The danger is I'll get a bit giddy on the Polo option list and end up spending the same as base spec GTD. Decisions decisions !!

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
OK, update time. Spent the weekend doing some minor VCDS coding, adding the new rear diffuser and adding the active door courtesy lights.

In order to keep the thread up to date, here are the photos.

New rear Diffuser

Door Courtesy Lights

VCDS Coding

Automatic Rain Closing

Off Road information Screen (just for fun)

Refuel Quantity

Also coded the following:

• Front DRL's dimmed to 40% on indicating

• Acoustic Lock / Unlock sound

• Automatic coming home / leaving lights (by opening drivers door)

• Coming home / leaving home via front fog lights (not the xenon dipped beam)

• Retain seat heating settings on both seats when ignition switched off.
Refitted the Chrome foot rest pedal

Last edited:

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Nope,just dummy reflectors

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
It is, but only very slightly (around 5-6mm in width), so maybe a bit of an optical illusion.

In any case, already looking for bigger tailpipes to "beef" it up at the back.

paul83

It looks much better than the original, looks oem...it's a slippery slope when you start modding ��

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Not updated this thread in a while. Not much done to be fair other than gave the car a full detail at the weekend ready for winter. Discovered under the dirt that some numpty had scratched the car from the nearside rear door all the way through to the leading edge of the front door :mad:

Luckily, it was quick light and polished out completely with some Dodo Juice Lime prime on a light cutting pad (sorry no images), then a couple of coats of Gtechniq C2V3.

Anyway, onto the afters - sorry no images before and the light was really dull but I did the best I could in the conditions.

Thanks for looking

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
My red LED bulbs turned up today so I finished off my rear footwell lighting mod to match the red ones already in the front.

On the badge skins - from here - http://www.badgeskins.com/mk7.html

Sootchucker

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI (2018)
Well a quick update. A few weeks ago my neighbor was reversing off his drive just as I was passing. Not paying attention, he reversed straight into the side of me :mad: . I was really proud I kept my cool. Pretty minor in the grand scheme of things, but annoying all the same.

Resultant damage - Wing (fender), bumper, door, wing mirror and Alloy marked up.

Body shop did a great job and now have her back pristine as ever. New wing (fender), new alloy and new mirror cap.