GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPT R 2018 R Build Journal

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Howdy all from BC,

Petrolhead here joining in the fun. Waiting for an Onyx white DSG due here in a few days...

To give you a bit of a back story, this will be my second R, My 6MT Lapiz with a Stage 2 Unitronic build was sold just beginning of the summer to a good friend of mine who made me a good offer.

I also enjoy/own other cars and can appreciate someone's good build.
Looking forward to spend some time on here. :cool:

M3 Comp pack (just sold)

the family wagon (RR Sport ATB)

previous toy....

AJK360

Passed Driver's Ed
Dude. These Vehicles :eek:

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice fleet :) (current and previous), I'm sure your Oryx R willbe worth the wait. Any mods planned for it?

Thank you! I hope so too. I wish I had a real eta... I'm even more nervous as I am not too crazy on the new LED treatment and digital dash but not many 17s were left...

Yes! I will be reinstalling all the piping I have and will be flashing it to make it a stage 2 vehicle and that will be all for power.

Suspension, big brake kit and hopefully an exhaust right after. Keeping wheels to come last for spring of next year...I will be using it as a daily and hopefully a few track days here and there.

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Finally change of plans!

Picked my 18 Indium Grey today...this became available and after seeing it in person, couldn't resist.
I picked it up this morning...

Already dropped it off at the shop for phase 1 of mods. :d

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Subscribed!

With cars as clean as you build them I know this is gonna be a nice one!

Thanks ATR, I will post pictures as I go.

As things never go according to plan, I just realized that APR has not released maps yet for the 2018 + 7.5R models yet....so now I wait...

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Thanks ATR, I will post pictures as I go.

As things never go according to plan, I just realized that APR has not released maps yet for the 2018 + 7.5R models yet....so now I wait...

You may also want to check out GIAC or Cobb for a tune :D

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I have had GIAC and have been happy time and time again.
But there is no support locally.

Looks like GIAC just released a flash tuner that you can do at home:
http://www.giacusa.com/news_item.php?id=227

There's also some good verity out there... Unitronic, APR, Cobb, GIAC, United Motorsports, and some others I'm likely forgetting.

Then of course there's the piggyback tuners from Burger Motorsport (JB4 & JB1), and Neuspeed.

So yeah, you have some great options out there :cool:

Rpt

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks Clout!
I am actually debating internally to add any of the mods I got since I like your build (OEM+) a lot...but theres quite a few R's locally so one must distinguish themselves....