GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone using the Powerflex hybrid dogbone puck?

mk7gti2.0

Ready to race!
The roc euro mqb drivetrain stabilizer dogbone ( a very simple design) actually made a huge difference than the aluminum insert. With my bfi stage 1 engine and transmission mounts and cts aluminum insert works perfectly with the roc euro arm very little nvh over stock. It all works well together.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Arrived today.

Not a bad install.

-Don't bother trying to cut OEM dogbone rubber. Just go ahead and take hacksaw to the plastic. 2 nice grooves towards front of car where you can slide it in to cut. Then pry the chunk you cut out and dogbone comes out by hand.

-Couldn't get it in by hand even with lube. No big deal. Slapped a piece of 1x4 on my jack and pressed it in.

-Didn't have to move anything to line back up. That was nice.

-Yep, it vibrates on startup and reverse.
-It hates to be lugged. DSG users enjoy manual mode until it breaks in.
-Feels great, like putting new suspension in a 100k mile car.
-Less slams from 3rd into 2 or 2nd into first when it downshifts. Fixed exactly what I wanted it to.
-Exhaust sounds quieter? Very odd....

Thanks to hotfart for the headsup on this.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
You might be hearing more engine noise in the cabin, drowning out more exhaust. I did with mounts.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Hotfart

Ready to race!
Diggs - glad you like it. Anyone else have theirs arrive and get a chance to install?

Also, following up on NVH nearly a month after installing: Basically, NVH is unchanged. I'm looking at this as a positive thing - meaning it's durable. With the other pucks I've owned, when NVH died down after breaking in, they'd also lose effectiveness. This one is still performing the same as it did when brand new. Granted, I've also recently installed 034 engine/trans mounts (about 2 weeks ago), but that change basically had little to no effect on NVH (if anything, NVH was a tiny bit *LESS* after installing the 034 mounts). Yes, you can feel the puck, but thankfully it's really not bad to begin with. In any case, I'm still very impressed with this puck.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
A little more on it. It really booms the cabin in reverse. Thankfully I'm only in reverse for a few seconds. I can see why this is a wife not approved mod. The whole reverse into drive clunkslam is gone though or at least hasn't done it yet. Really hated that in the mornings. Sitting at idle at a stoplight you can tell it's there but it isn't awful. I can barely see the visor vibrate if it is down. 4th gear at 30 on a light incline vibrates the cabin. Just downshift and get above 2k and it's fine.

It has it's tradeoffs, but nothing in life is perfect.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
A little more on it. It really booms the cabin in reverse. Thankfully I'm only in reverse for a few seconds. I can see why this is a wife not approved mod. The whole reverse into drive clunkslam is gone though or at least hasn't done it yet. Really hated that in the mornings. Sitting at idle at a stoplight you can tell it's there but it isn't awful. I can barely see the visor vibrate if it is down. 4th gear at 30 on a light incline vibrates the cabin. Just downshift and get above 2k and it's fine.

It has it's tradeoffs, but nothing in life is perfect.

Had this problem on previous cars with full replacement mounts....just select the diesel engine version when you buy..its softer as the diesel engines vibrate more than the petrols, so you can't use the petrol bush on a diesel otherwise the whole car shakes!!

Powerflex does a diesel insert...no hybrid version

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36
Had this problem on previous cars with full replacement mounts....just select the diesel engine version when you buy..its softer as the diesel engines vibrate more than the petrols, so you can't use the petrol bush on a diesel otherwise the whole car shakes!!

That's pure genius.

tylerf0606

Ready to race!

Went with your suggestion with the powerflex insert. Liking it so far!!!

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Went with your suggestion with the powerflex insert. Liking it so far!!!

glad it worked!!...:cool:

how far down does it protrude from the subframe??

Reason I ask is I'm trying the stainless APR one (when it turns up)....but might swap to the powerflex insert, but concerned about the fact my OEM skidtray will interfere with the powerflex one as it partially covers the bush area!..

Only other reason I got the stainless one is our winters up here with salt/road grit which eats everything!...

tylerf0606

Ready to race!
glad it worked!!...:cool:

how far down does it protrude from the subframe??

Reason I ask is I'm trying the stainless APR one (when it turns up)....but might swap to the powerflex insert, but concerned about the fact my OEM skidtray will interfere with the powerflex one as it partially covers the bush area!..

Only other reason I got the stainless one is our winters up here with salt/road grit which eats everything!...

Not my picture, but my fits the same way.

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

tylerf0606

Ready to race!

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Yup, that's the one. They don't make a lower replacement in the Diesel spec.

I like your signature format so I stole it.