GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New member, potential R-buyer

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Awesome, you must be so relieved.
Now for the best part, getting your new baby. Enjoy the experience.

I WAS relieved until my friend called me back last night asking to do yet another test on my Subaru. When the Subaru dealership did the compression test, I had specifically asked for a LEAKDOWN test, which is what my friend wanted in the first place (his brother is the know-it-all car guy acting as the devil on his shoulder and scaring him a bit) but Subaru had only done compression. Anyways my friend's brother continued to persist with the leakdown, so my friend called back Subaru to ask why it was never done (same procedure and amount of time if you're already in there) and they said they'd do the leakdown free if we bring the car back in. Now I work during the week, so I'm relatively busy and don't have much time for this. Nonetheless, I had taken Friday off to enjoy my new car. Instead I have to go BACK to the Subaru dealership to get this OTHER test done first thing Friday morning, even though the subaru runs great and the service guy insisted the car was in good shape. Am I annoyed? you could say that.

Changed my golf R delivery for 1PM this Friday. Don't mind waiting one extra day but it's the whole hassle that's got me feeling like this whole new car buying experience is quite negative.

Only good part of the week was that another friend (owner of wheelwiz.ca) was awesome enough to drop off the winter rims/tires I bought from them directly at the dealership, so they'll be on the car when I pick it up at least.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Enjoy! Us down here in the USA continue to wait. The blue is an awesome color, and I am sure you are going to love your R. I bought my GTI from a dealer that I did not like because they had what I wanted in stock. Never took it back to them for service (which is where car dealerships make most of their money) so don't hesitate to change to the Prestige service place if you feel it will be better.

hey, that was actually my thought as well. I'll see how the first oil change goes (which I negociated into the new car deal) and then decide if I continue to get service/warranty work from them. So far they've been OK in terms of communication now that the car is in stock.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Just an update! Got my car 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier! Well, besides the beautiful paint scratches all over, left by the dealership... Anyways, I had planned for that either way and the next day did a full polish to get what I coudl out, and my friend and I have started installing the XPEL as well (did front bumper yesterday and front third of roof the weekend before - shit is time consuming!) here are some pics:

Here are some before pics of said scratches:

Now I didn't get many close-ups afterwards in those spots, but the whole car (well sides and back) looked like this after buffing and ceramic coating (front end will be buffed bext weekend only):

Last edited:

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Awesome, congrats. Great colour :D

Lapiz blue can look really good, anywhere. This is my 6am coffee stop on the way to work:-

Attachments

• IMG_0019.jpg
    IMG_0019.jpg
    360.5 KB · Views: 195

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Beautiful car! Post some full pics of it! What rims you gunna go with?

So for winter, my buddy Robert at wheelwiz hooked me up with some sweet Replika R167 in 18 inch (I believe they are replicas of Audi S5 rims) and got the dealer to install them before I took delivery.

For summer, I had a few ideas but looks like the one that panned out will be a trade:My OEM Spielbergs for some OEM Pretorias. I have not had many bites on my rims besides this guy's offer to do a direct trade with his very low-mileage OEM pretorias. Since I wanted the pretorias anyways I am happy with this, I'll be painting them myself gloss black to get the european-spec look. Can't freaking wait until it gets warm here god damnit!

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Awesome, congrats. Great colour :D

Lapiz blue can look really good, anywhere. This is my 6am coffee stop on the way to work:-

Thanks man! You car looks GORGEOUS!

So far I am loving my Lapiz blue - my girlfriend too!

Just unhapp with the current xpel install my friend and I were able to achieve. He is an experienced car wrapper but we had trouble doing a full wrap with the xpel. Lot of bubbles left over. The roof cured nicely and most bubbles are now gone but front bumper looks pretty bad in some places. Hoping that once it gets warm most of those will go away. otherwise we will have to redo i. Really don't want to have to spend money again to re-do it. Got a great deal with my friend doing it but it's still not cheap and I was helping him out so my labor was involved too.

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
My fav color!

Stevo_CT

Ready to race!
Thanks man! You car looks GORGEOUS!

So far I am loving my Lapiz blue - my girlfriend too!

Just unhapp with the current xpel install my friend and I were able to achieve. He is an experienced car wrapper but we had trouble doing a full wrap with the xpel. Lot of bubbles left over. The roof cured nicely and most bubbles are now gone but front bumper looks pretty bad in some places. Hoping that once it gets warm most of those will go away. otherwise we will have to redo i. Really don't want to have to spend money again to re-do it. Got a great deal with my friend doing it but it's still not cheap and I was helping him out so my labor was involved too.

Like you said, the bubbles may get sorted in time. It's a pain redoing things, not to mention the expense thereof too.

bboytaktix

Ready to race!
Like you said, the bubbles may get sorted in time. It's a pain redoing things, not to mention the expense thereof too.

absolutely agree! my knees will be thankful if bubbles dissipate in warmer weather :p

probably will have to re-do the hood though since we tried a new product his supplier suggested and it doesnt seem to be up to snuff to the xpel. Doesn't self heal quite as well so scratches all over it and also, it isn't as clear as the xpel (at least not yet) kinda slightly foggy in comparison. I need to see that perfect paint shine through!!!