GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 Golf R MK7.5 - US Release

POPSMK61

Ready to race!
Golf R

Has anyone found a California dealer that's taking orders? Spoke to mine on Monday, no news. Getting antsy waiting for the phone to ring.

Parkway VW in Valencia. They are getting them first week of April and will be receiving 5. We'll see...

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
My dealer has cars allocated Port status. Should be here next week. Fwiw, my customer's car was built on 2/2, but another one we have coming was built the last week of August.

Thanks for the update. How do you know when they will be delivered? Interesting that you have one of the earliest and latest build dates in your two car shipment.

Aren't they all port status though, since they are (and have been) sitting there?

You tell them what you want, they find it (built already) in port and pluck it from there...it gets shipped to your dealer

jlivingood

Passed Driver's Ed
So is it still the case that the cars don't come with license plate frames and the dealers are drilling bumpers? I thought I recalled folks here talking about alternative plate holders or something. I ask because I just got word that my dealer's been allocated 2 cars for delivery sometime soon (trying to get details).

swfloridamk6

Go Kart Champion
Any idea on retail prices? I want to trade my 16 Limestone Grey in, but these 2018 GTI prices are nearly what I paid for my R!

What about colors?

Trim levels?

davewg

Ready to race!
So is it still the case that the cars don't come with license plate frames and the dealers are drilling bumpers? I thought I recalled folks here talking about alternative plate holders or something. I ask because I just got word that my dealer's been allocated 2 cars for delivery sometime soon (trying to get details).

Ask them to NOT drill the front bumper.

Any idea on retail prices? I want to trade my 16 Limestone Grey in, but these 2018 GTI prices are nearly what I paid for my R!

What about colors?

Trim levels?

One trim level - fully equipped. NAV, DCC, auto cruise, all the safety gear, digital dash, etc..
Black Interior

Pick a color:
Oryx White
Lapiz Blue
Indium Gray
Tornado Red
Deep Black Pearl

Pick transmission:
DSG - 7 Speeds = $40885 + $850 delivery fee
Manuel - 6 speeds = $39,785 + $850 delivery fee

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
The '18's are showing up on cars.com listings, complete with VINs. Release really is imminent. Amazing.

My advice for those of you who have been waiting - don't rush your purchase! After the initial demand is met, and there won't be a ton of it - there will almost certainly be more cars available than there are buyers. Once that happens, great deals should be possible. Give it a few weeks if you possibly can. Shop around, be willing to travel a bit for the right deal. Patience is a virtue!