GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Never been this disappointed in a car before

H22hatch

Ready to race!
After tons of research and having the same problem, the conclusion for me is lack of traction. Better tires are said to resolve the issue. This is what I was told:

Too high launch for the tires/traction you have.Tires spin in first, shortshifts into 2nd, clutches grip because of gear change, and clutches overheat.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
So what's solution? Program the car not to auto upshift someone said? Stickier tires? I am running Kuhmo PS91s that have a 260 tread compound. When I did the airport drags, it was an unprepped runway and I had no issues with traction. The drag strip in cold weather obviously turned the summer tires into hockey pucks.

I see UM has a Haldex tune out now. Supposedly not limiting the mount of tq to the rear wheels now.

MadMen

Ready to race!
I struggled with identical issues (S3). Had the Haldex pump replaced under warranty and solved the problem. There's a TSB for it, so they didn't check for tunes or anything - just fixed it.

gaveup1

Passed Driver's Ed
I realize I haven’t updated this much.

But I guess I wasn’t paying attention when I was launching and I thought 4000rmps was what my car launched at. Turns out with the ED dsg file it’s 5000rpms with your foot to the floor.

Makes sense. I’m guessing the only way to drop that is with the gas pedal. Wish there was a way to set the LC rpm in the tcu as using the throttle isn’t consistent.

RoyB2

Ready to race!
I got the track Weds again. Still spun into 2nd, but managed to get a 12.1 manually shifting it, trying to keep it in first gear as it spun.