GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Weird Whine

drrck

Go Kart Champion
Vacuum leak? Something isn't fitting correctly.

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
Vacuum leak? Something isn't fitting correctly.
Idk the only change was an open element filter. It's only under full load and everything else sounds and feels normal. Power also feels normal. Some guys on the FB group claimed they've heard it in their cars after installing open element intakes.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I heard this in my mk6 with the carbonio, and I hear it now on my mk7 with the 034 closed system.

You would feel a boost leak, and they tend to sound different, like a really loud pssshhhhhhh under full boost.

I think it is a change in the flow characteristics pre-turbo

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Shaggz

Passed Driver's Ed
I would check to make sure everything in the intake is tight and sealed... Sounds like there is a gap or leak somewhere in the intake and creating a whistle... this happened to my buddy with his forge intake and it was just the filter was pinched on the bottom and not making a full seal he said

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie
Idk the only change was an open element filter. It's only under full load and everything else sounds and feels normal. Power also feels normal. Some guys on the FB group claimed they've heard it in their cars after installing open element intakes.

That's me. I'm making good power so don't worry about it now but when I first heard it, it freaked me out. I posted about it awhile ago while I was on apr tune. I'm cobb now and flutter has been diminished with tune and haven't noticed if the sound is still there. I need to check.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=460408&postcount=142

NBMK7GTI

Go Kart Newbie
That's me. I'm making good power so don't worry about it now but when I first heard it, it freaked me out. I posted about it awhile ago while I was on apr tune. I'm cobb now and flutter has been diminished with tune and haven't noticed if the sound is still there. I need to check.

http://www.golfmk7.com/forums/showpost.php?p=460408&postcount=142

Yup identical. I deff won't worry about it now. I had a k&n typhoon in the past and sold it and it never did that while I was on the is20. I guess because the turbo, inlet, and intake are different it is possible though, clearly.

MaykolGTI

my car is making this noise i took it to the dealer and was told that the charge pipe house was a bit loose they fix it and it went away for maybe 2 week i install jb4 map 2 and the noise came back freaking out about it think its a boost leak?

nkresho

suck, squish, bang, blow
Car(s)
2022 Q3
neuspeed pflo (open element) used to make a similar sound on my mk5. Not my video, but sounded just like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z5aSFwpEaRI

Lower pitch, but the pflo was also like 4 feet long.

I think it was the dv maybe. Sounded different when the diaphragm DV was replaced by the plastic cup type.