GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2018 FORMULA 1 SEASON

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
Holy shit the halos are revolting...
Yes they are. I'm annoyed with the onboard streams where the halo blocks part of the view. I'm also more annoyed that the f1 streaming service was delayed.

Haas is looking pretty strong for midfield. Hoping ferarri find their balance and fight the other 2 teams.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Holy shit the halos are revolting...

Haha, no lie. At least they came up with a better behind-the-driver cam location for Day 2.

Also, I was pleasantly surprised by the ESPN coverage (via Sky Sports). It wasn't nearly as bad as I was expecting. Not as good as NBCSN, but not terrible.

And my lord, no matter what your thoughts on LH, this is just a blistering lap. Every mark is hit:

Last edited:

ruffrider519

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm happy camper as well but.. Mercedes definitely should have won. We got lucky with the vsc! And holey moley those Haas cars! Good start but bad ending...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Get a room, you red groupies. The best car didn’t win on Sunday. :p

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Did anybody happen to stay up or DVR the ESPN pre-race? Dead air for 20 minutes. WTF?

95gto

Go Kart Newbie
I was pleasantly surprised with the coverage, and I like how the field appears to be fairly competitive this year. The only real gripe is that there wasn't much overtaking, so I am not sure if this will be another year where faster cars can't pass slower ones due to aero.

The broadcast commentators did a good job but I felt like these guys did a lot more talking and said less than the NBCSN team. I did like some of the new on screen graphics though.

Sadly Haas screwed themselves and in the process gifted Ferrari a win. Although the one thing I kept thinking is how big a hill Force India will have to climb this year. They went from ruling the Tier 2 teams to being on the slower side.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
There was dead air for like 5 minutes, then they cut to some sports talk show.

They went dead air for five (by dead air, I mean there was a picture of the track and ambient sound but no commentators), cut to commercial, dead air for another five, cut to commercial, cut to sports talk show, then came back at about two minutes before the hour and had picture and commentators.

Hopefully that is their only huge technical f-up this season. At least it wasn’t during the race.