GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BOSS500/600 Install Difficulty

soulrider4ever

Ready to race!
For those of you who don't use facebook (like me) who would still like to see the dyno plot, CTS Turbos facebook is still accessable. Google search 'cts turbo facebook' and then scroll through their posts and you'll find the dyno. The car made 438wtq 436whp on a historically low reading awd mustang dyno. For example, my stage 1 equivalent UM tune made roughly 300whp on the same dyno, which was on par with the other stage 1 mk7 R's they've dyno'd.

The car has since been re-tuned as I have added larger injectors and 4 bar map sensors. On the new tune, we've dialed back the wtq but increased the whp, now making 450whp on the same dyno.

(Mods: BOSS 500, UM (OEM) port injection w/ 1200cc injectors, Precision Raceworks Walbro 450, UM flex-fuel, 4 bar map sensors, CTS Turbo catless downpipe, Racingline intercooler)

Nice, what fuel? 93?

Mk72015

Ready to race!
We think that original Dyno was at around e40.

Did UM say what you will need to run 100% e85? i heard you will need a twin pump set up in tank?

BosGolfR

From what I've learned/been told, the Walbro 450 is not capable of flowing full e85 at max boost on big turbos (gtx2867r and up). IS38 with port injection and Walbro 450 can hit 30 psi on e85 but my gtx2867r can't. gtx28 at 30 psi is moving more air than IS38 at 30 psi, so the fuel requirements are different. With the flex-fuel kit/tune, you can still fill up with straight e85, but the ecu will lower boost. On my current setup, detailed a couple posts back, I was told e45-55 is the optimal range.

613B6

Ready to race!
For those of you who don't use facebook (like me) who would still like to see the dyno plot, CTS Turbos facebook is still accessable. Google search 'cts turbo facebook' and then scroll through their posts and you'll find the dyno. The car made 438wtq 436whp on a historically low reading awd mustang dyno. For example, my stage 1 equivalent UM tune made roughly 300whp on the same dyno, which was on par with the other stage 1 mk7 R's they've dyno'd.

The car has since been re-tuned as I have added larger injectors and 4 bar map sensors. On the new tune, we've dialed back the wtq but increased the whp, now making 450whp on the same dyno.

(Mods: BOSS 500, UM (OEM) port injection w/ 1200cc injectors, Precision Raceworks Walbro 450, UM flex-fuel, 4 bar map sensors, CTS Turbo catless downpipe, Racingline intercooler)

Seems a bit low, I made 447whp on OEM stock fueling (no in tank pump or mpi), 94 pump gas, mustang dyno.

Calubi

Ready to race!
I thought completely stock fuel systems run out around 400whp? Does the A3 have a different fuel set up than the R?

Golf7RR

Go Kart Newbie

awesome numbers if you ask me. can you elaborate on the larger injectors and 4bar map sensor (s)? part#'s and how many map sensors? I have the rest of what you've got minus the obvious turbo. might follow in you footsteps. but not find of CTS quality. i know the turbo is made by Garrett and that's about it.
thanks!!

importrx7

Ready to race!
Can you use OBDEleven to setup the wastegate? If it doesn’t looks like I need to rent a cable.