GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

When is the REFRESHED 2018 Golf/GTI available stateside?

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Saw a few in the flesh the other day. I have to say the non LP lights look exponentially better than the LP ones on the facelift. Also worth noting, the non LP headlights now have cornering lights standard. Only 1 S model on the lot, and it was also the only manual. Dark Iron Blue Metallic looks killer in person. Pics don't do it justice. Same goes for the new front bumper. It looks less boy racer than the pre-facelift in person.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
2018 Golf is now on vw.com

http://www.vw.com/models/golf/section/colors/

Tungsten Silver looks nice...so shiny! I wonder how it looks in person. Do any other VW models have that color?

It used to be on the 2013-2014 Passats....a hint of bronzy/goldish looking silver in person
Almost like a champagne metallic

telpwnen

Tungsten Silver looks nice...so shiny! I wonder how it looks in person. Do any other VW models have that color?

Not only do they list unavailable options like park assist in the safety features, we now see that unlike Canada or the ROW we still get to deal with that gaudy fake aluminum trim around the infotainment and gauges. We also don't get new colors on the golf/gsw like Canada.

WTF VWoA. I was on the fence but not anymore. For the same price as a GSW SEL you can get a Tiguan SEL with more space, remote start, stop-and-go ACC, rearview camera guidelines that move (mk7 has always had moving lines on the top down park pilot view but they were too stupid to translate that to the camera view. I mean, it proves the infotainment knows the wheel position) Time to start emailing dealers about Tiguans :(

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
The lack of any options is absolutely staggering. I understand cost cutting after dieselgate, but this is absurd. Give us the LP option, heated seats, some different infotainment systems, remote start, sunroof, etc. I want cloth seats, manual, silk blue metallic with the digital gauge cluster and massive buttonless/knobless touch screen. Bummer we don't get green on the Sportwagen or Golf though.

It's nice to finally see the manual available on the SE after 4 years lol.

telpwnen

The lack of any options is absolutely staggering. I understand cost cutting after dieselgate, but this is absurd. Give us the LP option, heated seats, some different infotainment systems, remote start, sunroof, etc. I want cloth seats, manual, silk blue metallic with the digital gauge cluster and massive buttonless/knobless touch screen. Bummer we don't get green on the Sportwagen or Golf though.

It's nice to finally see the manual available on the SE after 4 years lol.

If I'm not mistaken the SE this year is exactly the same as last year's Wolfsburg plus the updates (LED tails, updated bumpers, new infotainment) and with Toronto wheels instead of Dover. The Wolfsburg was already available with a manual.

southpawboston

Drag Racing Champion

I just picked up a 2017 Golf in Tungsten Silver. It is nice, nicer than straight silver. We had had three silver cars in a row before this one, and were sick of silver, swore never again, but the Tungsten caught our eye. It does look good in person.

Jumpy

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'18 GTI Autobahn
Hmm, I can't seem to find a brochure for the US 2018 GTI (or Golf)...

Blade3562

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
None
Facelift Alltrack SEL at the dealership. It appears the bumpers are unchanged. This would lead me to believe the Mk7.5 lights should be P&P on a Mk7 Golf/GTI/GSW/R. It honestly looks like this is true of any Mk7.5 headlight.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
Why are the GTIs in the pics above slammed?