GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dents, dings, and this f*ing bump

eddiekranc

Ready to race!
So I have a dent and weird ding from someone side swiping me while i was paralleled parked and they ran away, noticed when i got back to the car.

Also messed up my side skit area when i put my safety stand horizontal instead of vertical by accident.

Any tips on fixing these are greatly appreciated. Idk if the ol' steaming water and plunger method would work lmao.

Also has anyone used vw's paint correction pens for scratches and chips? is i worth it?

Attachments

• IMG_6617.JPG
    IMG_6617.JPG
    385.7 KB · Views: 867
  • IMG_6618.JPG
    IMG_6618.JPG
    388.3 KB · Views: 916
  • IMG_6619.JPG
    IMG_6619.JPG
    412.4 KB · Views: 817

gamille

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm guessing the side skirt bubble is actually a dent from the bottom. A dent repair shop may be able to address that as well given enough space to work from the bottom... maybe a lift or ramps.

jb99875

Ready to race!
Locate and contact a paintless dent repair company.
They can do wonders.
Cost really not that bad on most issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yeah i got a dent where the door sticks out the most under the door handle i got a PDR for 90 bucks. the dent is about 95% gone. i didn't bother repainting the door, people in Texas are assholes when it come to respecting others cars.

TheWombat

Go Kart Champion
It's not just Texas. Here in Vermont, where in general people are amazingly polite and considerate (they even let you merge and stuff!), my car has received one sorta nasty (and seemingly either deliberate or really really stupid) door dent, complete with smudges of somebody's red paint, and several of those buffable but icky paint scrapes from doors sliding along yours. The car is small, and I try hard not to park close to anyone, but the sheer number of gigantor trucks and SUVs with humongous doors (and high doors, too), plus the occasional coupe with doors as long as a football field make it hard to avoid.

Finglonga

Drag Racing Champion
So I have a dent and weird ding from someone side swiping me while i was paralleled parked and they ran away, noticed when i got back to the car.

I have had the same weird ding on my car and it is from an internal bolt on the window runner. That door has been pushed in quite a way to cause that.

I had a sheep take offence to their reflection and butt the car resulting in a new front door and the rear dents like yours were removed.