GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Orange sidemarkers

JD-1

Ready to race!
Is there a way to code them out via obdeleven when the lights are in "parking light" mode?

nype

Drag Racing Champion
As Dad eludes to, if you disable the orange side LEDs via coding, you also disable the white LED “dot” inside of the inner DRL “U”s.

JD-1

Ready to race!
Not a problem. I have mk7.5 and I'd still like to disable the the orange side marker just can't find the coding.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
As Dad eludes to, if you disable the orange side LEDs via coding, you also disable the white LED “dot” inside of the inner DRL “U”s.

Which serves what function anyway?? Begone useless light! Seriously what is that “dot” light even for?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Not a problem. I have mk7.5 and I'd still like to disable the the orange side marker just can't find the coding.

There was another thread on this recently, re 7.5 coding for this.

My suggestion is that the light channels used for this LEDs are not the same as they are for the MK7 housings.

You might trying posting on one of the main Obdeleven threads. Or in the Obdeleven forum itself.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Which serves what function anyway?? Begone useless light! Seriously what is that “dot” light even for?

Read a theory that it may have been intended to be used as a flash to pass bulb. Haven’t seen much about that theory since.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Read a theory that it may have been intended to be used as a flash to pass bulb. Haven’t seen much about that theory since.

Thats my understanding as well. But why would VW bother lighting it up just a teensy bit instead of leaving it off completely? Its a total tease!

Tigsel

Ready to race!

DOT safety regulations.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
DOT safety regulations.

What safety regulation is met by having a little white LED dot on the inner side of each housing?

VWGTI

Ready to race!
I believe in Europe or Asia, the DRL is actually the inside light

Wrath And Tears

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
17 Sport, 99 E36

DOT safety regulations.

What safety regulation is met by having a little white LED dot on the inner side of each housing?

So I don't know what it means, but normally the small inner light is called the "City Light". No idea what it is for or what purpose it serves. This was from scanning a car with a bulb out sign and VCDS called it out as a City Light. Don't remember the year, probably a 05-10 Passat or something, but it was a small single element bulb in the inner corners. So it might not be called that for the Mk7.

Tigsel

Ready to race!

Sorry, I was referring to orange sidemarker dots.

The white dot serves no purpose. Since MK7 headlights come in two configs where halogen uses both spaces for high and low beam bulbs, and HID only one, they had to occupy that space with something to make it look good, hence the white LED dot.