GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Underseat Sub

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey all :)

So im looking to get an underseat subwoofer (I cant lose the space in the boot, essential gear I need in my car at all times and occasionally 2 doggos), does anyone have one at the moment, or can anyone suggest one that will fit under the seat? Or anywhere? I heard some people went for the space under the boot floor?

I looked at the Kicker HS2, although not sure if it will fit, im struggling to get a tape measure in there. Also looked at a few Kenwood/Pioneers, again cant really measure it well.

runriot95

I have the Kicker hideaway sub,if that's what you're referring to, and it will not fit under the seat. I don't think there are any subs that will fit under our seats as there is not a lot of room under there. A compact class D amplifier - yes, but not a subwoofer.

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
I have the Kicker hideaway sub,if that's what you're referring to, and it will not fit under the seat. I don't think there are any subs that will fit under our seats as there is not a lot of room under there. A compact class D amplifier - yes, but not a subwoofer.

Okay, just out of interest where do you "hideaway" your kicker? Also is it worth the price? Its almost double some of the others I looked at but will invest if its worth it.

Xanthalan

I have a Kenwood KSC-SW11 and it fits pretty much exactly between the rails of the front passenger seat. It does stick out if the seat is all the way back.

runriot95

Okay, just out of interest where do you "hideaway" your kicker? Also is it worth the price? Its almost double some of the others I looked at but will invest if its worth it.
I had it in the trunk of my MK6 TDI, I now have a MK7 GTI and haven't installed it and will probably sell it and go with something more powerful. It does a pretty good job for it's size but it's more about filling out that low end in your sound system than boomin' down the road.

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
I have a Kenwood KSC-SW11 and it fits pretty much exactly between the rails of the front passenger seat. It does stick out if the seat is all the way back.

Ah okay, take it it's okay? If that fits I might get it, anything is better than the current low end...

I had it in the trunk of my MK6 TDI, I now have a MK7 GTI and haven't installed it and will probably sell it and go with something more powerful. It does a pretty good job for it's size but it's more about filling out that low end in your sound system than boomin' down the road.

Yeah that's exactly what I'm after, nothing to be shaking windows as I drive past, just to fill that obvious lack of low end

Xanthalan

Ah okay, take it it's okay? If that fits I might get it, anything is better than the current low end...

Yeah that's exactly what I'm after, nothing to be shaking windows as I drive past, just to fill that obvious lack of low end

Its definitely not a window shaker. I have it at about 65% volume and it definitely fills in the low end a bit. I do not regret installing it though. It was what I was looking for in terms of the subwoofer.

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
Its definitely not a window shaker. I have it at about 65% volume and it definitely fills in the low end a bit. I do not regret installing it though. It was what I was looking for in terms of the subwoofer.

Ah okay sounds good, might look into that one then, thanks!

Steven31327

Passed Driver's Ed
So I purchased the Kenwood and it's arrived, I've opened the box and kind of gone what....I've never messed with car audio before and I know why, I've read through the instructions and looked behind my head unit and I can't really figure it out, and I don't want to go messing around with this for fear of ruining my entire audio system...

Does anyone have a step by step guide on fitting this specific sub in this specific car? Otherwise I think I'm just going to pay someone to do it properly...I'm all for doing things myself and will usually take a crack at it before asking for help but this is out my comfort zone...

Xanthalan

So I purchased the Kenwood and it's arrived, I've opened the box and kind of gone what....I've never messed with car audio before and I know why, I've read through the instructions and looked behind my head unit and I can't really figure it out, and I don't want to go messing around with this for fear of ruining my entire audio system...

Does anyone have a step by step guide on fitting this specific sub in this specific car? Otherwise I think I'm just going to pay someone to do it properly...I'm all for doing things myself and will usually take a crack at it before asking for help but this is out my comfort zone...

I spliced it into the harness at the radio and ran the wires down the channel under the door to under the seat. It did take me a while to find suitable connectors though to match up with the wires that come with the unit. I eventually just went to Home Depot and compared visually. I can't remember the name of the connectors at this point though.

The radio does not have an accessory wire so I ran a wire from the fuse box (with one of those add a fuse things) in the dash to the trigger wire for the sub and routed the wire to the passenger side under the driver seat and along the floor. This way it only turns on when the car is on in acc.

Diagram wise I had purchased a one day subscription to ERWIN and downloaded all the wiring diagrams.