GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

BMS VW GTI JB4 info thread

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!
I bought my jb4 a little over a year ago and have done no firmware updates. is there an update that is necessary and or worth the time? Couldn't find a clear vw jb4 firmware update posted anywhere on the n54tech forum.

arob157

Drag Racing Champion

mat3jko

Yes, taking into the consideration that the R is a little bit heavier, I think that my car must be pushing around 300hp with a JB4. When I ordered it, I told myself that I will not fiddle with any of the custom settings (I was the one emailing you, if you can deliver it to me with map 2 already selected), but now I'm curious if we can squeeze some more juice out of it on map 6. Guess it's time to do some logs then. :)

2SlowNoMo

Ready to race!

cW6mT mKviGTi

Ready to race!
Does anyone know of a replacement harness for the obd connector? I noticed this today after installing into my car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
My JB4 is currently out for delivery with USPS and I’m quite excited to throw it on tonight. My car has 53k miles on it. Question is, will I be fine running on Map 1 with 93 octane on the stock plugs, or should I wait to install the JB4 until I get fresh plugs in? Only other mods are IE intake and Clubsport S muffler. Excited to put this on and get a Map 6 set up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
My JB4 is currently out for delivery with USPS and I’m quite excited to throw it on tonight. My car has 53k miles on it. Question is, will I be fine running on Map 1 with 93 octane on the stock plugs, or should I wait to install the JB4 until I get fresh plugs in? Only other mods are IE intake and Clubsport S muffler. Excited to put this on and get a Map 6 set up.

It's fine. Go for it.

miked617

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
21 VW GTI

Map 1 is ok on 93 gas. Are you still on the original plugs?

7umberjackZac

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
Gti
Check that firmware is up to date before you switch from map 0 to map 1
Are they original plugs? Should be fine, it will just reduce your results with worn plugs

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MaxM97

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
'19 Alltrack SEL 6MT
Thanks guys. Yes they are original plugs. I’ll be replacing them at the next oil change.

WASTGTI17

Passed Driver's Ed
JB4 up and running. I noticed some stuttering at low speeds, read up and found some new Firmware. Updated via Bluetooth and now it is smooth sailing. It is also Droning a lot less than before, still getting a Vibrant Resonator installed tomorrow.

Logs inc soon.