GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Just did the deal on a '17 S

Litespeedgti

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 GTI S DSG
Just did the deal this morning on a '17 S. What a cool car. It's dark blue with the plaid seats. It had been a loaner/manager/owners car so it was sold as used with 2650 miles. It comes with an additional 2 years/24,000 mile warranty after the initial warranty. I need to go back on Monday to complete the deal and take possession. Can't wait. I'll post pictures next week.

I feel like I just bought a German sports car for not a lot of money. I had been looking at A3s but then found out about the common Haldex AWD problems with those cars. I think I'll be happy with the GTI and have less headaches.

CONGRATS! from another S owner.

wbw

Ready to race!
Are you buying from a franchised VW dealership? If so, are you buying a VW Certified Pro-Owned vehicle, or is the dealer just selling you an aftermarket product? What do you consider not a lot of money?

First I'll address the Haldex problem. I had wanted an A3 and joined an Audi forum. It was on there that I was advised that there were known problems with the AWD in the A3 and TT. They both use a Haldex system. The problem may have been corrected with 2017s, but I was looking at 2015s or '16s. I then decided I could get the same engine and transmission in the GTI without the AWD, and since the VW was a less expensive car, I could go newer.

I am buying my Certified GTI from a VW dealership. I am not paying extra for the additional 2 years/24,000 mile coverage. I'm covered out to April of 2022 or 60,000 miles.

By 'not a lot of money' my thinking is that I'm getting a German sports car and not paying Porsche or BMW money. I'm not saying that I got the greatest deal. I'm sure I didn't. I never do. But I'm satisfied. I'm paying $21,000. I offered less and they came down a little from the original asking price. Concerning 2017s being advertised at $20,000, I would say to read the fine print. I don't live far from Baltimore and found numerous 2017 GTIs in the $19,xxx range on CarGurus. Problem is when reading the fine print, dealer prep of $299, freight of $850 are not included in the advertised figure. I also don't qualify for the Military or recent grad incentives and whatever else imcentives are included in the advertised price. I figured that what I am paying is about what one of these new cars would actually cost.

I'm OK with my deal. I love the car and can't wait to pick it up on Monday.

Oldschoolmk7

Go Kart Champion
Congrats. If it is a manual I hope the manager did not help Darwin award the clutch. :).

Cowzill00

Ready to race!
I had to go 6 hrs away (to Atlanta) for a deal. Saved 11% over my local snakes. That’s apples to apples with dealer fees before ttt.