GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rev9 Exhaust

kDizz781

Ready to race!
By the looks of this... I am thinking this might work as a cheap way to fabricate your own muffler delete

Do you think it would match up with the factory system just before the rear suspension at the factory dimples (see OEM CSS muffler installs)

I would use the y pipe to delete the rear suit case muffler

hmmm...

smjank

Passed Driver's Ed
By the looks of this... I am thinking this might work as a cheap way to fabricate your own muffler delete

Do you think it would match up with the factory system just before the rear suspension at the factory dimples (see OEM CSS muffler installs)

hmmm...
Just install the whole system, it only includes a replacement resonator not another muffler

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

PacDawg

Drag Race Newbie

hmmm...

If you were to purchase id install as is and if running a dp and too loud/droney id add a muffler to rear section.

smjank

Passed Driver's Ed
If you were to purchase id install as is and if running a dp and too loud/droney id add a muffler to rear section.
This.

It would be far cheaper to just get a muffler delete fabbed than buy the whole system and not use most of it lol

kDizz781

Ready to race!
This.

It would be far cheaper to just get a muffler delete fabbed than buy the whole system and not use most of it lol

Maybe if it is galvanized steel, reuse your own OEM tips and crush bent instead of mandrel bent... I agree with you. Otherwise, no it is not cheaper for stainless, mandrel and 3.5 inch tips.

Anyway, I don't want to hijack this thread with this debate. Looks good and sounds good. Thanks for being the guinea pig

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
His video should be titled “Rev 9 turbo back exhaust” since he also has a downpipe.

Anyway, anyone want one with a quailty muffler and or resonator installed? Could be a poor mans AWE

Travis9935

Ready to race!
My question is why do all dp back exhausts sound like crap & drone? I mean they're frickin obnoxiously loud. My old speed3 had one cat with a corksport catback and it was deep and mellow. Sounded bad ass. And it was a bit bigger 2.3. :(

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
My question is why do all dp back exhausts sound like crap & drone? I mean they're frickin obnoxiously loud. My old speed3 had one cat with a corksport catback and it was deep and mellow. Sounded bad ass. And it was a bit bigger 2.3. :(

Typically smaller motors sound like poop. :(

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

They don’t with a high flow cat, resonator, and muffler.

Obviously a straight piped 2.0 is gonna sound like a Sunday morning beer fart mixed with Honda Civic

Travis9935

Ready to race!
They don’t with a high flow cat, resonator, and muffler.

Obviously a straight piped 2.0 is gonna sound like a Sunday morning beer fart mixed with Honda Civic
Yeah, so pretty much oem catback with added resonator and 200 cell hf catted Dp. Like mine now. I mean with aftermarket Turbo back.

Travis9935

Ready to race!
The one someone posted a video of had a catless dp.

I’m not really sure what you were asking
I have exhaust wise: Rev9 w/200 cell cat, MagnaFlow res, oem catback otherwise. Yes it's pretty quiet. Anything other than a oem catback is obnoxiously loud and drones. Never had that with my old speed3 exhaust setup I meant. Why can't this exhaust sound sexy. [emoji24][emoji24][emoji24]