GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 MQB Jetta

adam1991

Banned
http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2018/01/2019-volkswagen-jetta-the-wind-cries-mqb/

"The redesigned interior looks to be more upscale, with Volkswagen’s lovely Digital Cockpit now available on higher trims to replace the standard gauges. Heated and ventilated leather seats are available, as is a 10-color ambient lighting feature"...

..."Mechanically, the 1.4-liter turbocharged four-cylinder is carried over (147 horsepower, 184 lb-ft torque), mated to a new six-speed manual transmission or an eight-speed automatic. All automatic-equipped cars will feature start-stop technology for the sake of fuel economy."

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Meh. The grille isn’t right. They’ve never gone past the headlights like that plus it’s twice as tall. And the rear quarter panel body line continues too far/too deep. Maybe it’ll grow on me

SweetJones_29

Ready to race!
I’d buy an Accord over a Jetta. Jettas just look so damn cheap. Way overdue for an overhaul.

takemorepills

Ready to race!
I saw that the new Jetta has a color-changing interior accent lighting setup. Pretty cool. Lukewarm on the 1.4T, though.

The front grille is odd, but the GLI version will probably look good. The rest of the car is actually far nicer than the current one. Not near as ugly exterior as a CivicX.

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
Yeah you throw a Honda badge on it and I’d believe it... nothing special looking about it

zrickety

The Fixer
Car(s)
VW GTI
The new Accord is pretty sweet, 6 speed manual, turbo...I've been seriously considering it over another GTI.

Loonster

Ready to race!
I bought a 1999 VW Jetta TDI. Those cars were cool, they just looked so different than what everyone was doing at the time. The interior was nice, the sound system was pretty good and the general overall feel was that of a more expensive car. Getting 48 mpg on the highway was a bonus. Loved that car, got it loaded with sunroof and everything you could get at the time. This car doesn't do it for me. It just doesn't have that cool German thing going for it. Maybe it's better in person.