GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Even cheaper eBay dp option

Hoon

Autocross Champion
Is any of these worth trying? Anyone tried cheap ebay DP's?
Would it be recommended to use any of these or rev9 one and weld in a cat, or can this be a viable alternative?
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MERTOP-Race-High-Flow-VW-Golf-MK7-GTI-2-0-TSI-Downpipe-2013/32789036666.html

The Rev 9 is excellent. I've been running one for 20k miles.

It's as advertised, 300 series SS, mandrel bent, tig welded.

I strongly recommend welding it into a 1-piece, heat wrap near the ABS controller, and check the clearance between the hanger and cross member.

If you can live with that it's a steal for $200.

If these other ones are the same thing then they are an even better deal

tknj99

Ready to race!
Other than these sub-$200 ebay downpipes that seem to need some welding, etc to make them work and fit well, what would be the next step up on the price scale to get the quality metal, welds, catted and resonated? Have been reading the forums and see varying opinions. One thing thats certain though is that they all do the same thing and produce the same power results. I just want to get a set it and forget it solution that will last long-term, be catted and i think resonated as i don't want it much louder than it is now (stock) mated to stock cat-back with excellent fitment. I know the mid-range ones sit around $500-$600 but is there any others in price that sit between the bottom-line ebay options and the mid-range options ive read about. Any ideas?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Other than these sub-$200 ebay downpipes that seem to need some welding, etc to make them work and fit well, what would be the next step up on the price scale to get the quality metal, welds, catted and resonated? Have been reading the forums and see varying opinions. One thing thats certain though is that they all do the same thing and produce the same power results. I just want to get a set it and forget it solution that will last long-term, be catted and i think resonated as i don't want it much louder than it is now (stock) mated to stock cat-back with excellent fitment. I know the mid-range ones sit around $500-$600 but is there any others in price that sit between the bottom-line ebay options and the mid-range options ive read about. Any ideas?

I think MAP is going to be the cheapest option for cat/res without any welding. $630 at the moment (10% off).

tknj99

Ready to race!
anyone know what the resonated option adds to these downpipes as far as noise cancellation.. ie. if stock downpipe is 100 db would catted/non resonated be 120db while catted/resonated be 110db?

*theoretical numbers shown above

tknj99

Ready to race!
Buying a resonated dp is pointless.

Buy a catted dp and upgrade the resonator in your cat back. Vibrant 17930 or 17950 if your cat back is 3”. This has been beaten to death.

Is this also true if i stick with stock catback? i have no wishes to change anything other than a DP for performance.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Buying a resonated dp is pointless.

Buy a catted dp and upgrade the resonator in your cat back. Vibrant 17930 or 17950 if your cat back is 3”. This has been beaten to death.

Agreed!

Your post about exhaust/downpipes/resonators should be sticky

THEREALVRT

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
Golf R

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Is this also true if i stick with stock catback? i have no wishes to change anything other than a DP for performance.

I always suggest trying a dp with the stock catback, then if the added drone bugs you swap the stock resonator for a 17930.

Buying a full TBE or CBE isn’t going to gain hardly any power over just the dp alone. 10 second 1/4 pass world records were set with the stock CBE

Agreed!

Your post about exhaust/downpipes/resonators should be sticky

Yeah a few people have mentioned that, but the mods don’t like me or something. I can’t even get them to reply about becoming a site sponsor