GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My Exhaust Comparisons - AWE (Track and Touring) / Magnaflow catback / APR downpipe

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Car(s)
How's the drone with the AWE touring? I'm thinking about going with the AWE Switch Path.

I have the AWE touring with stock dp before connected with the APR dp. With the stock dp no droning at all and you don't hear significant sound until WOT.

With the APR dp the droning is very minimum even with 70-80 mph which I was very impress with. but since I live in a area with alot of hills the downshifting and uphill start is now significant noticeable but not unbearable.

icin235

Passed Driver's Ed
Received and installed my AWE Track Catback Exhaust.
Stock downpipe.
Nice deep tone. Not too loud. Improved throttle response.
No drone at all on highway. But a little "buzzy-ness" around 3500-4000 rpm.
Is that what other have noticed with this setup?
Love the tips.

So far it's great.

IBFreeman

Ready to race!
If you’re getting a buzz it’s probably the rear heat shield.

You won’t really get drone with the stock dp

This^ or you've got something in your cabin that can be "buzzed" :p

Chrome looks gewd on silver.

Dubstro

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2016 2dr GTI 6MT
Stock downpipe.
Love the tips.

So far it's great.

Congrats! Looks great. I’ve had track system on for about 300 miles and haven’t had any buzz sounds or sounds that weren’t already there. Did have a small interior rattle but was just my sunglasses. Like IBFreeman said check interior in case it is an easy fix like for me.

We’ve had temps in the teens and 20s here so cold starts have been beastly. Just the right balance in sound levels when warmed up though.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Stock downpipe.
Love the tips.

So far it's great.

I never had any "buzz" sound, as others have said something is probably loose.

One issue I ran into was that the muffler piece of the exhaust was rubbing the bottom of the car when going over bumps.

AWE should really consider adding a hanger on the muffler section, it would make aligning everything so much easier

bkuu

Passed Driver's Ed
wasted $$ on the awe tour, had to buy a converter to get on track. It is perfect for now. It is still quiet IMO. I had an unitronic exhaust on my GLI before and could hear it every time I go through an underpass/tunnel but the GTI? Not so much. Guess I'll save the tour when I decide to get a DP.

blueshirts0819

Ready to race!
Car(s)
wasted $$ on the awe tour, had to buy a converter to get on track. It is perfect for now. It is still quiet IMO. I had an unitronic exhaust on my GLI before and could hear it every time I go through an underpass/tunnel but the GTI? Not so much. Guess I'll save the tour when I decide to get a DP.
Once you install a dp you will definitely hear and feel the difference

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

rumbard1981

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, Passat
I am putting a Magnaflow catback on soon with the Vibrant resonator- hoped to this weekend... just got the resonator in the mail today. Tell me what's wrong here?

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I am putting a Magnaflow catback on soon with the Vibrant resonator- hoped to this weekend... just got the resonator in the mail today. Tell me what's wrong here?

Seems like someone cut the ends off and mailed it back to Amazon lol!

Quick question. My down pipe doesn't have a support bracket. It is only supported by the turbo flange and the hanger. I planned on adding a resonator to the end of it where it connects to the catback. Is there a chance the weight of the resonator will cause a problem with the hanger?

rumbard1981

Ready to race!
Car(s)
GTI, Passat

Yup- my guess is the box sent back to Amazon, they re-shipped with my label on it. Its really crappy that this stuff happens more than you'd like. Have another coming Friday. Fingers crossed its- BNIB!!!

Quick question. My down pipe doesn't have a support bracket. It is only supported by the turbo flange and the hanger. I planned on adding a resonator to the end of it where it connects to the catback. Is there a chance the weight of the resonator will cause a problem with the hanger?

I would think so. I wouldn't want extra weight dangling around unsupported.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
When you get a downpipe you're going to want to go back to the touring edition.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion

Pics don’t work, at least not on iOS

Don’t have what? All aftermarket dp use just the vband at the turbo and the dual hanger after the last turn under the car

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
Pics don’t work, at least not on iOS

Don’t have what? All aftermarket dp use just the vband at the turbo and the dual hanger after the last turn under the car

A number of them do allow attachment to the extra factory mounting point.

You think there would be any issues putting an extra 5.5lbs after the last turn under the car with just the vband and dual hanger? Maybe 4.5lbs after the 14" of pipe is removed.