GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Gti Jake's Bolt Muffler Delete

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I'm always up for a project, especially now that OT at work is slowing down. PM me if you wanna go over some options and ideas. I think it would be the ultimate mk7 exhaust.

theDoktor

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Bump, my slow season at work is coming up and I'm wondering if anyone's still interested in this topic. I can make a sound clip video one of these days if you guys want

I'm interested in one of your dual-exit versions.
Couple of questions:
1. How does the dual-exit version sound compared to the single-exit version?
2. Any idea how much less your system weighs vs. the removed OEM stuff?
3. Is it a bolt-on or a weld-on?

HicBuda

Ready to race!
I am curious if you might be able to add 5" mufflers on each pipe after the split. Sounds pretty damn good on a different 2.0 turbo, like one from an exhaust maker that shall remain nameless. I have sooo been looking around for something like it.

kDizz781

Ready to race!
Sub'd great work GTI Jake, def interested

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
Just curious Jake, have you found the muffler or resonator delete to be the better tone? I made my own res delete with 2.5" piping and it provides a great tone under engine load, especially when cold, however it's not very loud and can be raspy. The muffler delete is a bit harsh though.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Just curious Jake, have you found the muffler or resonator delete to be the better tone? I made my own res delete with 2.5" piping and it provides a great tone under engine load, especially when cold, however it's not very loud and can be raspy. The muffler delete is a bit harsh though.

I never built a resonator delete for the reasons you listed.

A muffler delete isn't harsh at all imo. I logged 29k with mine before going to my TBE setup and under normal driving it's still very tame. The sound clips are all a stage 1 apr car at wot, so as harsh as it could possibly be

Twist1

Autocross Newbie
If I were to get a muffler delete which resonator do you recommend putting on? My oem is cut up but have heard good things about the vibrant one

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
If I were to get a muffler delete which resonator do you recommend putting on? My oem is cut up but have heard good things about the vibrant one

Can't go wrong with the Vibrant 17930, it's 2.5" and only $88. If you ever decided to get an aftermarket downpipe it's what you'd need to keep it from droning so it's a good one time mod

mursepaolo

Ready to race!
I currently have stock downpipe and muffler delete, but I'm looking for a throatier, gurglier sound. Will deleting the resonator achieve this? I also don't like highway drone and I can live with just a muffler delete unless the car is full of passengers, then the drone is a bit much.

XM_Rocks

Autocross Newbie
I recommend the exhaust cutter that Autozone and other places rent for free.

It takes a bit longer but you won’t mess anything else up.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I currently have stock downpipe and muffler delete, but I'm looking for a throatier, gurglier sound. Will deleting the resonator achieve this? I also don't like highway drone and I can live with just a muffler delete unless the car is full of passengers, then the drone is a bit much.

Try switching the stock resonator to the Vibrant 17930, then for more volume delete the second cat in your downpipe (after the flex pipe)

The Vibrant resonator will keep the drone away, even if you do a full 3" dp someday

I recommend the exhaust cutter that Autozone and other places rent for free.

It takes a bit longer but you won’t mess anything else up.

Best bet is removing the whole catback, just one clamp and unbolt the two rear hanagers. It's just an extra step not everyone's gonna want to take

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I haven’t welded in a while so I laided down a few beads with the new Trimix shielding gas I’m using. Much easier/cleaner welds vs straight argon I was using before. Still not as pretty as TIG process (I’m using MIG), but plenty good for exhaust work