GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Windscreen scratches

GTD184

Ready to race!
Why get a dealer to polish it when you can easily do it yourself at negligible cost?

Who mentioned a dealer?......I mentioned the services of a proffessional detailer who could offer some advice or for a resonable cost possibly rectify a problem that "marvin" has distinct concerns about......it may be that some car owners may not be inclined, have the neccessary tools or feel skilled enough to carry out the task of eliminating the scratches on a windscreen hence my advice to "marvin" to contact someone who could provide proffessional advice and assurance that he is seeking.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Sorry, my error - my question remains the same, it's easy to do it yourself.

GTD184

Ready to race!
Sorry, my error - my question remains the same, it's easy to do it yourself.

:);)

It may be easy for some but I think you will agree that removing scratches and swirl marks in automotive paint for example, there is most definitely an element of skill involved, if you do not have that skill, experience or the correct tools for that matter the consequences of attempting to undertake such a task can result, (and often does) in more damage and additional cost.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I bow to your obvious experience, but Micro-Mesh works very well and is relatively easy to use.

GTD184

Ready to race!
I bow to your obvious experience

Not at all we all learn from our experiences;)

I have been actively employed in various capacities within the automotive industry for some 25 years so have gained quite a good understanding, knowledge and experience in that time, which I like to share to help others;)........likewise I like to frequent dedicated forums as a source of information to gain valued experiences from fellow enthusiasts like yourself on products that I am considering purchasing:)

When visiting Aston Martin, Gaydon on business some 2 years ago I witnessed an employee working on the "Cygnet" models removing the acid etched Toyota motifs from the rear hatch glass of the "donor" Toyota IQ's using jewellers rouge on a small orbital polisher.....jewellers rouge was flicking off everywhere with some finding its way onto the paintwork of the vantages that we're parked up in the bays alongside:eek: This procedure was conducted to remove the Toyota motif to allow AM to etch the famous AM "winged" motif onto the glass. Not ideal but Toyota could not supply IQ's without Toyota branded glass!

DW58

Go Kart Champion
When visiting Aston Martin, Gaydon on business some 2 years ago I witnessed an employee working on the "Cygnet" models removing the acid etched Toyota motifs from the rear hatch glass of the "donor" Toyota IQ's using jewellers rouge on a small orbital polisher.....jewellers rouge was flicking off everywhere with some finding its way onto the paintwork of the vantages that we're parked up in the bays alongside:eek: This procedure was conducted to remove the Toyota motif to allow AM to etch the famous AM "winged" motif onto the glass. Not ideal but Toyota could not supply IQ's without Toyota branded glass!

I agree this is worrying, but it's not a similar process to that under discussion in any way.

GTD184

Ready to race!
but it's not a similar process to that under discussion in any way.

Did I say it was?:rolleyes:

My comment was generalising on a personal experience which had some similarities with the subject in discussion.