GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lowering spring

Remember both H&R and Eibach have entirely different offerings for NA and European markets.
Euro H&R springs are progressive and ride like shit, even worse with stock standard Golf dampers.
That's why Eibach Pro, Volkswagen Zubehör and ST/KW are the way to go. If his 1.6 doesn't
come with factory sports suespension, I'd even highly recommend buying either a Bilstein B12 Pro
or DG springs with a set of Koni Str.t dampers. These ride better, handle better, last longer.

Jurgenss

I have contacted eibach for the springs and they are requesting the axle load, any help? I don't know where I can get these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GhostMetal

Passed Driver's Ed
You can visually look at a spring and see if it is linear or progressive. It's really not a debate. It's obvious upon inspection.

Linear springs certainly aren't ideal for ride quality. This is a serious misconception. Maybe on a race track with perfect roads it's comfortable but not on the real roadways. The spring rate is the same all the time. If it's rough, every bump is rough no matter how big.

Progressive​ springs vary their spring rate as it compresses. This isn't ideal for a pro racecar driver who wants the exact spring rate to and ratio every time they hit the same corner.

Progressive springs balance handling and damping while trying to minimize the give and take of each feature.

Just saying "I want linear" really doesn't help you much as the companies compression rates also vary so you could end up with a stiff ride or a floaty ride with linear or progressive