GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lighting package/ performance package

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Bowser

Ready to race!
While I was out, my wife got a phone message that my car is coming in tomorrow and, good news! It has the lighting package, for $995!

No, that's not good news, as I was quoted a price on a car I understood INCLUDED the lighting package, consistent with VW's website, and the brochure handed me. Way to shift the mood on something I was really looking forward to...

Last edited:

Bowser

Ready to race!
Give em hell...

As per the thread linked above.

Yeah, but I think my situation is different than yours. If I read that LOOOONG :p thread correctly (congrats on the outcome BTW), your sticker was silent about LP. Instead, you assumed you were getting LP standard based on the brochure, website, etc.

I assume when I get there today, there will be a window sticker listing LP as a $995 option. The salesman said he would get the car I wanted from another dealer for - say - $28k. I expect that today I'll see exactly the car I wanted and expected, and he'll ask $28,995. When we told him to get the car, he gave us a specific number out-the-door, though nothing in writing. At this point, my options will be to either negotiate, pay up, or walk away. And the salesman is seeming very willing to let me walk away.

Just seems like a communications - if not ethics - issue OBO VW. I didn't see anywhere in the other thread an explanation why VW would advertise one thing, yet deliver the other. (Had a helluva time last night, scouring the brochure and VW website to figure out WHAT lighting package they were talking about, because no such package was even listed as available on the SE. Instead, this forum came through with an explanation!) Like others have said, it is still a great car, and a good price. But something like this leaves a bad taste in your mouth...

Trying to figure out what - if anything - I can get them to budge on. Throw in mats? Up my trade-in? A deal on future service? Any thoughts? Like I said, the salesman is acting pretty much as though he doesn't care whether I take it or leave it.

kec7891

Yeah, my new 2017 SE has the LP but it's not standard with the SE. $995 option.

But, worth it.

PP is included with Sport, SE, and Autobahn in 2017 models.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Just point out where it says in the brochure it's a zero cost feature.