BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
And where do you think they pump the gas from? The top of the tank? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

16Autobahn

Ready to race!
And where do you think they pump the gas from? The top of the tank? [emoji14]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
You almost got it! They pump the fuel out of the tank about 2 inches off the bottom.
Also the filter does indeed remove what tiny tiny bit of water might somehow get in the line.

PouncingPanzer1

Go Kart Champion
You do know that water is heavier than gas right?
Yes, and the pick up is from the bottom of the tank....so.....there's your water. I got water from a fuel station once in my TDI. I had to flush my tank, lines, and rail. Then spend the next week hoping my HP pump wasn't F'd. The fuel filter in the pump didn't stop it, the fuel filter on my car didn't stop it. I was rolling steam before it shut off.

russiankid

Drag Race Newbie
Tanks are not serviced annually. They are inspected, but not necessarily serviced. There are sensors in place that will tell you the level of fuel, water, temperature, etc in each tank.

But back on topic, Sunoco is my friend.

EXEA189

Ready to race!

Colorado has two operating petroleum refineries, both in Commerce City near Denver, which are owned and operated as a single complex. Suncor Energy purchased the west refinery from ConocoPhillips in 2003 and then the east refinery from Valero in 2005. It's all the same gas, however when tankers from different brands pull up to fill their tanks, inside the tanks are the additives that gets mixed making each brand unique.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 393

solareclipsed

What are your thoughts on sheetz gasoline? In particular my local sheetz now has e15 gasoline which is 88 octane with 15% ethanol.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
What are your thoughts on sheetz gasoline? In particular my local sheetz now has e15 gasoline which is 88 octane with 15% ethanol.

Sheetz, Wawa, Royal Farms are all pretty similar. Discount convenience store gas without Top Tier ratings. I avoid them personally, but I doubt your car will suffer horribly using them, at least in the short to mid term. Worst case, you may get intake deposits requiring cleaning 50% earlier (just throwing out random numbers without scientific basis here). I prefer Top Tier gas for it's detergency.