GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

No Audio from Stereo After Short Shutdown

MattCatt85

Passed Driver's Ed
The following has been an ongoing problem since I purchased my car in January 2016, which is a 2016 GTI SE w/PP.

On the first start up of the day (or after being at work all day) the stereo will play audio upon start up. However, if I stop and turn off the engine (and open the door to shut down the remaining systems) and get back in 5 minutes laterish, the stereo will not make any sounds for a few minutes. It doesn't matter what source I try to use, it doesn't even beep. It is very strange, and i was wondering if anyone else had experienced this issue.

If so, anyone have a fix?

Thanks

George Ab

Drag Racing Champion
That's bazaar. Do you have Vagcom to read any stored failure codes in the 5F infotainment and 47 amplifier? If it is still under warranty, it would be at the dealer.

johng.wissig

Ready to race!
I have a 15 and have had same issue since I got it. Audio does not always play, songs count down no sound. Then sound comes on , 15 seconds to 45 min. Delay. Sometimes no delay at all. Once on its fine and doesn't cut off. Vw have done many up dates, don't really help. Cant duplicate. And can't find anyone else with same issue. Anyway getting it replaced on monday. Kept putting it off as car is quiet, no rattles, but have had enough. Only issue with car.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk