GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interesting Prospect Until...

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
Saw this car pop up in my search, was thinking of calling the dealer until I noticed this tidbit in the CarFax

Wonder how long it'll sit.

Last edited:

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
I can't believe they had to work on the timing chain and rocker arms before they even accrued any miles. And bake pad charge after 2,300 miles? Holy hell!

There's another corporate fleet vehicle I've been looking at, but it made it to 18k miles before it got turned in. Still a little leery, probably driven like it was stolen...

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
If it were a press car (strong possibility), then you KNOW it's had the crap kicked out of it by idiot "reporters" (including a lot of the low-end YouTube idiots, who somehow get press cars). I would definitely avoid any such car like the plague!

RadMax8

Passed Driver's Ed
If it were a press car (strong possibility), then you KNOW it's had the crap kicked out of it by idiot "reporters" (including a lot of the low-end YouTube idiots, who somehow get press cars). I would definitely avoid any such car like the plague!

Do you mean all corporate cars, or just ones that have had the stuffing beat out of them? There's another corporate car I'm looking at with 18k on the odometer, the CarFax looks clean AFAIK, of course if VW was doing the maintenance it wouldn't show up would it?

I just noticed that car had the pads replaced as well. Damn it! Why are there no good blue cars available?!

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
Just the thought of how many times that car was started when it was 20F degrees outside and then floored out of the parking lot on cold oil makes me shudder.

KevinC

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'19 Golf R, '21 M2c
Do you mean all corporate cars, or just ones that have had the stuffing beat out of them? There's another corporate car I'm looking at with 18k on the odometer, the CarFax looks clean AFAIK, of course if VW was doing the maintenance it wouldn't show up would it?

Not necessarily all corporate cars - if some exec drove it for instance, I think it's fair to assume it would have been treated better than a press car. But there's no way to determine how a "corporate" car has been used. I'd avoid all of them. Saving a few bucks up front could be a financial disaster later if the thing's been driven like a typical press car.

Tigsel

Ready to race!
Exec cars were mostly Touaregs. R, don't think so.